michellefan.
Years ago

Whats wrong with eastern mavericks

what is up with the eastern mavericks womens coach, he really needs to give his junior players more of a chance on the court.for instance michelle whitehead is a fantastic basketball player and she is geting under 10minutes per game. if mike williams avtually gave her a chance on the court she would be able to prove why other clubs want her to play for them. michelle absoloutley dominates in division 2 games, and hardly gets a chance to show what she's worth in div1. mike needs to learn how to caoch and hs team might've won some of the games they have lost. GIVE YOUR BENCH AND JUNOIRS A CHANCE MIKE!!!!

Topic #7749 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for your post Michelle.

Reply #86931 | Report this post

michellefan.  
Years ago

im not michelle just a fan of hers

Reply #86933 | Report this post

Stewie Griffen  
Years ago

Thanks for your post Michelle's mum!

LOL!!!

Reply #86938 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

This sort of thing happens all over the place, not just Eastern. Sometimes it comes down to politics, sometimes a personality clash between coach/player, and sometimes the talent of players on the players team. Unfortunately it is a fact of basketball

Reply #86940 | Report this post

michellefan.  
Years ago

LOL but sorry guys im not her either wrong again. doesnt anyone have anything serious to comment about this. or is it just my imagination, that when mike does put his bench on they seem to do a better job than his starters. for instance sat night against south, mike put his bench on and they got mavs back in the game, and got them the win.

Reply #86941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does michelle really dominate that much in div 2, can't really comment cos haven't seen the games, but in div 1 the mavericks bench does seem to do a good job. However I would not be focussing so much on michelle but more on the older girls like claxton, holmes and lienert. I think you'll find that they are valuable team members whose minutes are down too.

Reply #86948 | Report this post

michellefan.  
Years ago

yeah all of their bench have plenty of people lacking minutes. maybe mike just doesnt know how to coach?? holmes and clayton have had hardly any minutes at all this season what is mike trying to do lose players?? cos i believe that will happen if he doesnt pull his finger out!!!!

Reply #86950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Michelle -

have a look at the team stats and you'll see that the bench is used quite a lot.

There are 9 players averaging double digit minutes, plus another 3 with minutes of 9.2, 9.2 and 9.1 per game.

Also have a look at players in a similar position here and note the shooting percentages (FG and FT's).

Also consider - her role in the team, other players in that spot, ability to not fall over, attitude and performance at div 2 games and trainings. etc.

Reply #86951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have watched girls like fleur, dannielle, deb, penny and regan play for many years, but unfortunately this year in div 2 they are prob going to miss finals. this shouldn't be a starters vs bench, or a players vs coach problem, more of a team issue. i highly doubt that any coach would try to purposely lose players.

Reply #86953 | Report this post

choco to baghdad  
Years ago

they have some babes at mavs )

Reply #86957 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

Thanks for the update Mike.

Now we understand where you are coming from.

Reply #86964 | Report this post

milhouse  
Years ago

There's no "I" in team people.

Reply #86965 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

But plenty in "winning" and "individualistic", Milhouse. :)

Reply #86970 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

There's no "U" in team either - Pxxx Off.

Reply #86971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

team misspelt backwards is meat!

Reply #86973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

team rearranged with some extra letters in it and removal of the m is: "this thread is going nowhere"

Reply #86976 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

Re: post #86951

Those comparisons are all well and good but the minutes per game difference is quite big, with the players scoring, rebounding and assisting the most all playing 2, 3 or 4 times the amount of minutes of the other girls.

Reply #86978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interested is an acronym for

teen is (a) terd

Reply #86979 | Report this post

Ghoulish  
Years ago

fg% is not based on mpg..

Reply #86981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there is no 'i' but there is a 'me' in team

Reply #86985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their coach sucks!!!!! Thats whats wrong with the mavs. He should stop playing family

Reply #86992 | Report this post

AussieMj  
Years ago

Ouch!! That last thread was not called for(true but not your call). People might be fans of certain people and hate others. Thats life. My personal opinion is Michelle is a quality tough player but never learnt the finer aspects of bball. Never wanted to and never could grasp the consept of footwork. Dont get me wrong, my opinion of Mike is some what suspect but dont let the fact of dominating in Div 2 and getting respect in Div 1 is a totally different ball game. I agree this post doesnt need to be here for a sook "oh woe is me". This has to have some malice to it and people unless they have a quality thread then read it and move on.

Reply #87009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe she hasnt proved to him that she is a mature and consistent enough player to deserve the court time. or maybe it is that he has to many other good players that would have to be replaced to give her some more court time. i am sure her time will come eventually if she sticks with it

Reply #87042 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

mabye we should ask whats wrong with basketball in this state instead of just the eastern mavericks.....

Reply #87056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe we should ask why youre still posting on this site??

Reply #87084 | Report this post

Years ago

Is this the first time in basketball history that a player hasn't got the court time that they or someone close to them believes they deserve?

Reply #87086 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754