hurley509
Years ago

Boomers - Just a thought

We know that CJ is out, but ANy chance Darnell Mee is nationalised yet? what other nationalised players could Gorj dip to? The good thing is that while the team vs NZ will LARGELY descide the world champs, it may not totally and if anyone underperforms there is a chance that the team could be slightly restructured ahead of the WC's.... in that i mean most likely one of the point guards, and with that is always the chance Mc Donald might get the call up. Gorjian did say LARGELY, so he hasnt ruled out thoes who dont make up the team vs NZ, perhaps CJ finnishes his summer league before then and gorjian sees the real need for a point guard? or Anderson/ saville get better? still a month.... and Gorj didnt rule out restructuring... for that im glad.

heres the players available at the moment

Chris Anstey,
David Barlow,
Andrew Bogut,
Aaron Bruce,
Wade Helliwell,
Nathan Jawai,
Luke Kendall,
Daniel Kickert,
Sam Mackinnon,
Alex Maric,
Steven Markovic,
Patrick Mills,
Brad Newley,
, Russell Hinder,
Glen Saville,
Jason Smith,
Mark Worthington.

theres some great players in there... just need a vet point guard... hopefully gorj sees that.

Topic #7831 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add Jacob Holmes to the above names. He got a call up and is currently in camp with the Boomers.

Reply #87712 | Report this post

hurley509  
Years ago

they shouldve called up darryl mc donald, they dont need another g/f they need a pg!

unless ofcourse these young guards are as good as advertised?

Reply #87715 | Report this post

hurley509  
Years ago

might add that the team is once again rehashed before the boris stankovic cup.... the team taken there will be our official team....
cj could still make the worlds.

Reply #87718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pat Mills is a gun he will make nba eventually

Reply #87724 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

i agree anon 87724 millsie is a wiked player deserves all the credit he can get, i played on him in the 14 nationals in perth, he scored like 28 on me and only played like a half!not saying my deffence is normally special but what a gun

Reply #87728 | Report this post

Rabbit  
Years ago

Kickert might have had a shot at being drafted had he nominated last year. I still think he's a chance for the NBA, if he wants it and works hard like Schenscher did. Definitely needs to build some muscle too.

Aaron Bruce should go in the first round next year. He has all of the tools, perhaps only needing to work heavily on his defense. His team at Baylor are talented but they lack his experience and vision so they threw away a lot of opportunities that he created for them, but watch for his assists to lift considerably next season as they learn to always be ready for his passes. As for his shooting touch, well he increased his 3pt% this season, despite having multiple injuries in his legs and a dislocated finger. Has a very sweet stroke.

Reply #87735 | Report this post

hurley509  
Years ago

theres alot of young talent.... can you imagine 2008???????????

Bogut
Anderson
Neilson
Schenscher
Bruce
Mills
Bruton
Loughton
Kickert
Barlow
Jawai (he will be a monster)
Helliwell
Jason Smith (last olympic shot)
Mckinnon (last olympic shot)
Alex Maric
Brad Newley
Chris ANstey (last olympic)
Matthew Knight
Ben Hunt (doesnt get spoken bout in boomers terms, is trying out for dallas, will play for wildcats)
Steve Leven

the list goes on,..... im not sure how well we will do this year, but 2008 will be our best medal chance since 2000!

Reply #87739 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

Brad, interesting that you played against mills in 14s, yet you bragged a few months back that you are currently playing 18s with harri harvey ... that would mean that you would have been about 10 years old playing 14s against mills ... maybe YOU are the gun that we should be looking at.
or maybe your "achievements" are a little overstated ...

Reply #87740 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Brad, what is "he scored like 28" - is that 29 or 27? And when you say he played "like a half", does that mean he played just over a half?

It's bad enough that people talk like that, but pleeeease don't type like that. It's like, sooooo annoying.

You need to stop watching Hillary Duff episodes. I'd rather read those posts written in sms shorthand, or those gangsta posts that pop up sometimes.

Reply #87756 | Report this post

h  
Years ago

hillary duff,,,, mmmmm

Reply #87775 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

So, Brad I assume that you play crap defence?

Reply #87778 | Report this post

Keith Hernandez  
Years ago

FYI - Further to hurley509 post above about future Boomers players, Alex Loughton (WA Metro jnr playing at Old Dominion) is playing for the Orlando Magic in the NBA Summer League. HEre's the link:

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/06summerleague_rosters.html

Reply #87816 | Report this post

brad's friend  
Years ago

leave brad alone!

Reply #87833 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

well, if brad wasn't full of shit, we would ...

Reply #87885 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

well, if brad wasn't full of shit, we would ...

Reply #87886 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754