Anonymous
Years ago

Who will win the 18 Nationals ?

With the 18's due to start, who are people thinking will be the teams / players / Coaches that will influence the Championships ?

Are the NSW Teams a lock ? Will the Vics get up again, or will SA or WA Metro get the job done. ?

Topic #7832 | Report this topic

Johnny Comelately  
Years ago

The ultimate winner will be "BASKETBALL"

Reply #87717 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

mate i rekon vic metro, saw sam allen who plays for them play in a tourtament in sydney and boy is he impressive,averaged 31 points and defensively hes a machine. sa metro will give it a crack and being at home they mite get carried over the line against teams normally that are just out of reach. Good luck boys

Reply #87720 | Report this post

Tyson  
Years ago

From all the talk in Melbourne during the Classic, NSW Metro has everyones number. Even though the Cntry team will be hard to toss. Just getting under everyones radr, Vic Cntry, well coached, a good mix of size and some very good bottom age boys from 16's in Canberra.

Reply #87721 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

does anyone know if canberra or Qld wil make an impact?

Reply #87725 | Report this post

amazing grace  
Years ago

NSW have 3 amazing guards in their Metro team. Best big in Vic didnt get selected...nobody but the coaches know why. Vic Metro beat Country by 8 in a Practice match.NSW Metro 1...WA Metro 2...NSW Country 3 just my thoughts.Vic Metro with some out there coaches this year and not to the standard of the 16s.

Reply #87726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think NSW Country will be favourites and sa metro not far behind. Dont NSW country have bankstown and sutherland players. They are the two teams that finished 1 and 2 in classics.

Reply #87729 | Report this post

amazing grace  
Years ago

The Sutherland guards are with NSW Metro and are better in my opinion than the Vic or SA guards. Saying this NSW Metro were poorly coached in the 16s and the agression in Ballarat cost them the game. WA Metro bigs are very good as are the NSW Country bigs. Vic Country may be the surprise packet.

Reply #87732 | Report this post

Trex  
Years ago

Hey brad...

Your dreamin', 31pts!!!! hahahahaha...he doesn't know how to spell the "D" word let alone do it...:-)

Reply #87745 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

in that order (IMO only)

NSW Country - lots of passion
Vic Metro - always solid
Vic Country - top guards, solid bigs
NSW Metro - ego's will be their hindrance

Reply #87747 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

hey trex you are wrong mate he scored 31 a game and got mvp for the tourtament

Reply #87749 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

and what 'tourtament' was that brad? I think he was contesting your statement about defence also.

Reply #87753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brad that was a school tournament and really anyone half decent could of done well. classics sam allen did nothing...

Reply #87774 | Report this post

Trex  
Years ago

My bad brad, I had presumed you were alluding to a half way decent competition, ala the Classic. I am afraid the standard of opponents overall at Nats will be a little better than the Classic and most certainly the event that you were refering to. Defence is not his game.

Vic Metro will do well to medal but it won't be Gold.

Reply #87779 | Report this post

patts  
Years ago

For the women's i think SA Country have a pretty good team, not sure if they can go all the way but they should make top 4.

Reply #87785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scoring 31 in a school game and averaging 31 in a nationals tournament are totally different thing.

And brad, on another thread you said that ypou went to the same 14 Nationals as Patrick Mills, you can't possibly gone to the same 14 Nationals the same year that Patrick Mills went. He is a year older than you. Sturt and Broken Hill went the same year that Pat Mills went to Nationals.

Looks like you have been telling porky pie's again.

Reply #87787 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

patts - with you on board, i've no doubt they'll perform well.

catch up for a beer sometime.

Reply #87806 | Report this post

patts  
Years ago

Rueben, This is pattos sister not patto!!! I am sure though that those girls will do well and i think that patto will gain some great experience coaching the likes of Cayla Francis and Emma Langford etc. Lets hope they go well!!!

Reply #87810 | Report this post

Ha Ha  
Years ago

brad,

Does 31 in a school game equate to 5 point v SA Country at Nationals.

Guess this shows how much you actually know about basketball doesn't it mate!!!

Reply #87876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Ha Ha, How do yu rate SA Country after that loss..i thought they would have been better. What about SA Metro thats a terrible start and almost sinks them

Reply #87879 | Report this post

Trex  
Years ago

Well brad your fav Vic player stunk it up against WA as well...as many turnovers as points scored...looks like the standard of opponents IS a tad better at nationals than at that Sydney tournament...

Reply #88161 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:57 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754