anon
Years ago

Barossa Carnival status

Is it true Barossa Carnival has been cancelled

Topic #7853 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

I don't think so, where did you hear that?

Reply #87927 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

when are the programs being relesed then. gotta let the team know........

Reply #87931 | Report this post

WRC  
Years ago

It was played on the June Long weekend - at Tanunda, and taken out by Adelaide Uni Men's Team.
Great weekend for all involved!!

Reply #87984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WRC, the Senior Carnival is always on June Long Weekend. I think this question relates to the Junior Carnival which is normally played on the middle weekend of these school holidays.

Reply #87988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh that senior carnival was good to watch, the GF was great a mixture of some social and some great old abl players - banton, harris, sparks.

apparently those turrell boys carved the carnival to pieces

Reply #87990 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

draws are up via this page:

http://barossa.basketball.net.au/fs_competitions.asp

Reply #88009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isnt there a carnival at Tanunda this weekend? jnr?

Reply #88044 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Thats the one people are talking about. Tanunda happens to be in the middle of the Barossa.......

Reply #88068 | Report this post

AMum  
Years ago

Well, if it isnt on, then my son is sitting outside a locked stadium as we speak! Yes, it is on, but I feel it has lost momentum. Personally, I am only driving up to watch a couple of games. The whole thing has gone downhill. Nowhere near the number of teams nominate as did about 5-6 years ago when my eldest son was playing juniors. Pity, as it used to be a great weekend.

Reply #88599 | Report this post

another mum  
Years ago

It is a shame that it is not pushed more by the clubs, the lower divisions deserve the experience and fun of carnivals as much as the div 1's

Reply #88600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe teams that put in sides too strong for the competition have scared off some teams. Sorry to hear that as lower division teams need to have the fun of these tournaments without powerful teams that should be looking for competition in States or interstate tournaments comming in and grabbing the prizes.

Reply #88601 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I dont think you could get many more teams in...They are already using 3 stadiums which i think is all thats available without going to gawler with games starting each day at 9am and going till 9pm on the sat and about 6pm on the sunday, could they really fit many more teams in??

Reply #88660 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

A little birdie told me that Magic caused a bit of a stir again this year

Reply #88725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don' leave us hanging VC fan. What's the goss?

Reply #88755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Judging by the results magic placed them-selves in a tournament for self gratification again. Thrashed all teams they played.Not what they or anyone need. Entering these type of tourniments can only be for ego feeding. Bring on this scratch match magic keeps talking about, seeing magic doesn't have the courage to enter higher standard tournaments.

Reply #88756 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i assume you mean under 21 magic as other magic teams barely managed to win a game between them
give magic a fair go
new club starting out

Reply #89021 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I heard they got in a bit of trouble (the U21's) for getting smashed on the sat night and then still drinking 'enery drinks' at the stadium on the sunday. This is all 3rd hand info so don't know if its true or if theres a problem with it or anything, but the person I was talking to was making it out to be a bit of a deal.

Reply #89023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#89021) Give magic a fair go. Don't make me laugh. What fair go did magic give Tununda people and teams entering a comp they are too good for and could have won if they were blind. By the sounds of things they were.

Reply #89057 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

hey winning the comp is not just the right of tununda teams - surely you want competion
i agree though if the team is stacked not fair but magic do play div 3 or div 4
not good about the off court stuff -

Reply #89437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

magic play div2 and are good enough for div 1 so don't talk about things you don't know about. Sure it is not the right for a Tununda team to win it, but playing a stacked team who want the glory of lower tournaments instead of playing teams at least their equal is also not right. Why do they not enter competitions of a higher standard? Answer they don't like to lose as was shown by the walk off at the Chrismas carnival when they were losing.

Reply #89444 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

magic dont have many friends in adelaide - west side either - they wont play higher div because as post previous said they want to big note themselves with mediocre performances - humility is the magic ingredient

Reply #89526 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Magics werent the only team that did that,,,, word has it an Under 16 div 2 team entered.... after getting no where in Melbourne, crashing out in State Champs, they must be so proud winning a Div 3/4 comp in the Barossa (using a Div 1/ State Player too!) Barossa Tournament organisers should reasses who gets to enter this comp. Its unfair to lower division teams who dont get to play in any other carnivals, to be pushed out by div 2 teams that have the opportunity to play in state champs, or in Nunawading, when Div 3 & 4 teams really only have Barossa. Especially pathetic when it is driven by a parent...

Reply #90193 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Barossa Carnival is a div 2/3 carnival, the teams are allowed one div1/state player. so they were playing by the rules.

Reply #90198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just.

Reply #90241 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:07 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754