hurley509
Years ago

Boomers Win to NZ 79-78

After being down by 14 at the half, the boomers pulled in a massive second half effort to win by 1 point to the Tall Blacks. Both teams were shooting the lights out and Australias win was on the back of a brilliant effort by Jason Smith. Aaron Bruce and Newley also found there range from the three... Nice to hear, Keep improving boomers!

Topic #7941 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Down by 14...only win by 1...how are they improving?

Reply #88901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they actually managed to get themselves back from a deficit and win-thats an improvement from game 2!

Reply #88905 | Report this post

hurley509  
Years ago

they went on a 20 to 5 scoring run in the 2nd half... thats an improvement. One would say there would HAVE to be the start of good team chemistry for that to happen. They also said they wouldnt quit this game like they did game 2, and they DIDNT quit! they very well could have because it looked out of reach for almost 3 quaters. NZ is a good team, to win against them, after being all but dead and burried, on your third game together as a team is nothing to sneeze at!

Reply #88907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

australia are going to be destroyed at the world champs imo.

Reply #88908 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

yep, agreed

Reply #88909 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Damn it.....lol.....i wanted to watch the replay Saturday morning

Reply #88912 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

i tend to agree anon, but i hope im wrong i hope they put in a good showing for bb sake

Reply #88914 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

They wont be killed, they will suprise many. CJ is a big part of that team. Him and Bogut will click, have faith.
Im heading to the game on wed night, cant wait to see Bruce and see if he has what the hype is all about... His head is a bit ahead of his game right now i think.

Reply #88916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how come brett maher isnt playing??? and why is bogut doing really bad?

Reply #88925 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

I say this alot... Boxscore plz :)

Reply #88927 | Report this post

HUH?  
Years ago

We are doomed at championships!NZ are a bottom side and we cant get a 15 plus win over them argh!

Reply #88929 | Report this post

Schools Out  
Years ago

HUH?
I have read a couple of your posts and you do not know much about basketball, NZ finished 4th at the last World Champs and there team has not changed much since, that is not a bottom side.

Reply #88942 | Report this post

pick up ya game  
Years ago

what I don't get is so many people are asking why is Brett Maher not playing?
He has retired from international Basketball, besides playing under Goorj he wouldnt get any time anyway!!
I do beleive our team is going to get smashed at the worlds and would be lucky to win a game. We should be beating NZ quite easily if we want to get anywhere at the worlds, and yes I know they finished 4th at the last worlds.

Reply #88945 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Just read in the paper that Kirk Penney missed 3 free throws with 4 seconds left! What a choke! Boomers escape again - credit for the big comeback, but not the ideal way to win a game.

Reply #88956 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

New Zealand double teams our big guys... And weve had a rough time hitting shots, New Zealand is a great shooting team and play smart... they are definately not a bottom rung team. Also, you must remember the teams been together for 3 games, up against the team sho finnished 4th at the worlds last time.. and we are without our point guard. CJ will be available for the worlds, the teams obviously starting to gel, as they must have played well in the 2nd half to come back. Apparently most teams woill be without their best NBA players, so there is still reason to be optimistic............ People just assume we suck because we lost to NZ... but there are alot of facts to take into account, and alot of potential for our team to put in a good showing at the worlds with CJ.

Reply #88967 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Reply #88968 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Anyone else suprised (or annoyed) that Kendall replaced Mackinnon instead of Newley?
Honestly, Newls and Sammy were the best players in Game 2, while Kendall had done fudge all, and only had 4, 3 and 3 last night.
Why can't Goorj just play his BEST side, instead of his favourite???
But on a brighter note, it's good to see Bruce finding his shot (and game), proving all the doubters wrong.

Reply #88970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alex Maric?

who is he?

Is he a development player for the Kings?

Reply #88975 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Went through the AIS and played for Nebraska: Aleks Maric

Reply #88984 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Agreed, Kendall played 2nd most minutes in the game (after Jason Smith) how can Gorj justify that???? there isnt a thing that Kendall is one of the best in the team at, he should well and truly be buried 11 or 12th man on the bench..... Newley shouldve taken the starting role, we may not have gone 10-2 in the first quater.

Reply #88988 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754