HUH?
Years ago

IVERSON TRADE

hey guys is it just me or is it that at the end of every season iverson is one of the names thrown up during the trade season? does anyone think he will actually leave Philly and move on?

Topic #7946 | Report this topic

John Lawrence  
Years ago

Iverson is as Philadelphia as Will Smith or the old Spectrum where Charles Barkley and Dr J gave many opponents headaches. I don't think he will leave. Would be a shame if he did go... would demand equal quality in return... and not many guards are in same class for what AI brings to the table every night.

Reply #88943 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

Slow down HUH - you are gonna get RSI in your wrist if you keep starting topics 3 at a time !!

Reply #88950 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The only Iverson trade that I've heard so far which is remotely close for even talent is Magette and Livingston from the Clippers in exchange for AI. Problem is it was BK that proposed this deal, not the Clips.

This type of trade is similar to the Shaq trade, and the reason why KG won't get traded any time soon. The team holding the cookies wants equal payment. Sorry not going to happen!!

BK needs to try and decide what he wants to do, and what type of franchise he wants. Does he blow it up and become a high lottery team as opposed to the current team which at best is a 8th seed bubble team or at worst a late lottery team. The 76ers have sucked since Pat Croche (spelling) pulled up the stumps and left.

Keep AI until the trade deadline, see what is going on and if the record total sucks (which it will) trade him (and if they can Webber) for 2007 draft picks and expiring contracts (face it, your not going to get similar talent), and tank the rest of the season praying BK gets #1 and Greg Oden. If #1 pick doesn't fall, then try and trade for the #2 and get Kevin Durant (KG clone). If all else fails, try and do what Portland did this year and trade for as many lottery picks as possible.

Make AI2 the man... he's ready it step up.

I think most GM's remember that disgusting Vince Carter trade that the Raps pulled (Nets totally shagged the Raps) and never want to mentioned in the same breath regarding such crappy trades.

Reply #88964 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754