Libertine
Years ago

AIS Scholarships 2005

http://www.ais.org.au/basketball/newssept2004.asp

This link, as it suggests, points to the AIS Basketball Newsletter for September 2004 - an interesting little clipping at the bottom:

The AIS men will have a selection camp at the AIS from 25 to 28 September. Invited athletes are:

Patrick Mills , ACT
Daniel Jackson , NSW
Jared Scoines , NSW
Andrew Ogilvy , NSW
Ross Allsop , NSW
Jordan Dodman , SA
Joe Ingles, SA
Scott Pendlebury , VIC
Andrew Oliver , VIC
Daniel Bass , VIC
Ryan Bathie , VIC
Marko Deric , WA
Jadranko Jusufujic , VIC
Mike Runchey , VIC
Daniel Joyce , NSW

together with current 2004 scholarship holders:

Ben Allen , VIC
Jeffrey Dowdell , NSW
Tom Garlepp , SWA
Adam Gibson , TAS
Brad Hill , SA
Ryan Kersten , SA
Alex Opacic , NSW
Josh Wood , SA

The following athletes will be commencing scholarships on 12 September:

Stephen Weigh , Queensland
Aron Baynes , Queensland
Nathan Jawai , Queensland

------------------

So nobody is certain of going?

Topic #799 | Report this topic

incognito  
Years ago

Thats seems to be a GREAT crop of players coming through.

Reply #8469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

josh wood has left....he left a few weeks ago to train with the adelaide 36ers.

Reply #8475 | Report this post

bruce  
Years ago

he left cos he was not asked to come back.....

Reply #8484 | Report this post

TommyJR  
Years ago

Well Bruce - AIS's loss is Southern Tigers gain. Great to get one back as were losing one again this year. Go Woody

Reply #8486 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

Well i tell you now.. i spoke to newley the other day and he said josh wood is still the same. I doubt that he will be training with the sixers at all this year.. Speaking to a very reliable source you have to prove yourself in the ABL before getting asked to go out there. He didn't have a very good abl campaign in melbourne. So anonymous can you forget about him going out to the sixers trainings please. He is just another bronson kies....

Reply #8524 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Anybody got any info from the camp?

Reply #8537 | Report this post

Dog Nuts  
Years ago

I'm with you Yothu, the guy has a longway to becoming an NBL standard ball player.

Reply #8638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But a handy ABA 6th/7th man nonetheless - he can slash and shoot the 3 - Still U20's by the way!!

Reply #8647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

umm woody DIDNT leave coz he didnt get asked back....he left coz HE wanted to...u mus b stupid, even if he didnt get asked back he would still b there untill january!

Reply #8665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

still.. any news as to how ingles and dodman went?

Reply #8793 | Report this post

Bling Bling  
Years ago

So.. what are the chances of any VIC players getting a scholarship for 2005, and if any who has the most chance???....

Reply #9068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dodman went well by the way!

Reply #40291 | Report this post

mitchell tinley  
Years ago

hi my name is mitchell tinley.
how come i look at your athletes and there is no sign of NT people . in nationals you look straight past us im just saying wen were 13 and 14 like me (13) were just as good if not better but our structure and coaching is why we never win but as we all get older the athletes in other states get better from the coaching so any nationals can u please look at the players and the will they have to get better and not the performance we have on ow team . yours sincerly mitchell tinley 13 Northern territorry.....

Reply #64371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitchell,

If you are really interested in improving your game a suggestion is to talk to Peter Lonegan(not sure about spelling) about moving down to Adelaide like a number of other players are doing.

Unfortunatley a number of these players have struggled with the competitive nature of the sport in bigger towns but might be worth a shot.

Reply #64374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

from what ive seen nt is no where near as good as bigger states they just have 1 or 2 standouts in each age group who can cut it in the big cities

Reply #64409 | Report this post

mitchell tinley  
Years ago

Then grab us early if we had coaches i dont mean like peter lonergan thats just one but if u will 'scouts' speaking from experience have u ever played div2 in a place like darwin and making it to div one then making state but making state is nuthing if u dont look out for us we need a place to go early just if u will take a chance look im 13 and u guys are prob pro's at this stuff who know u might become famous one day for getting sum one great and i promise i wouldnt let u down

Reply #67227 | Report this post

mitchell tinley  
Years ago

and for u the one tlking not so highly of NT y dont u pay us a visit 'INDIVIDUALY' u will find that not just at ow skill but as a work ethic and any way people like me im bout 5'8 with a 6'+ arm span who knows. give it a try

Reply #67228 | Report this post

Jack Dawkins  
Years ago

where is Anatoly Bose

Reply #68414 | Report this post

J. Peterman  
Years ago

Where's Bradley Murdoch when you need him?

Reply #68424 | Report this post

Jack Dawkins  
Years ago

I heard that Anatoly Bose recieved a scholarship but refused due to High School commitments. He would be a great help to the squad.

Reply #70987 | Report this post

sumbody  
Years ago

u guys hav no idea wot ur talking about. anatoly bose has never tried out for the ais let alone making a state team. he wouldnt hav a chance against the other players coming through.

Reply #88961 | Report this post

Liam fitzgerald  
Years ago

Anatoly bose is a great player, i dont understand why you guys think that hes not. He could go against any other guy in the AIS and for the scholarship he plays in my club and absolutley dominates youth league and dominated u18's last year posting numbers like 20,10 per game.

Reply #91811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam,

In every state, in every competition somebody is dominating.

In no way does that mean that they can do it at international level. Nor does it mean they even do it a Nationals.

Reply #91816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat was timmy duggans under 16's/18's records?

Reply #163544 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:30 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754