Rueben
Years ago

Boti Nagy; in his spare time

Folks,

what does Boti do when he's not writing for the 'tiser. I'm a fan of his stuff, but i really can't see it being a full-time job for him, even if you beleive the editors claim of

I spend 95% of my time on footy, and 5% dealing with Boti

Does he have another job (not curious as to what, that's his personal business).

(boti, feel free to post ... i know you want to)

Topic #8028 | Report this topic

Joe M  
Years ago

Isn't he Michelangelo Rucci gofer? The Rooch pulls the strings and Boti runs at every command.

But saying that he is still a world class basketball journalist and respected in the industry, the same cannot be said for his puppet master and football.

Boti Nagy >>>>daylight >>>>>Tim Morrissey

Reply #89706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't Boti spend his spare time losing junior Grand finals after winning all of his games throughout the season?

Reply #89709 | Report this post

not a fan  
Years ago

I think he spends it finding new ways to push his own agendas and criticising the hard work of the administration and officials.

Reply #89712 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

Are we talking about Boti or Paul Bell?

Reply #89714 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

not a fan, what exactly are his 'own agendas'? Please expand on this comment, and provide examples.

Reply #89715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with not a fan.

Reply #89720 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Again, give an example.

Reply #89724 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

You guys are just gutless,back up your points,dont be scared to say anything just make it clear what you are saying!!!!

Reply #89726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ive always found Boti to be an approachable person wherever I happen to see him, usually in a basketball stadium on a Sat morning, and his knowledge of the scene here and the world is vast. He may have his opinions and he can push them in his column but dont we do the same here? Actually Boti likes writing books in his spare time so maybe ONE DAY!!!! we may see his works printed.(Gee Boti getting sick of waiting lol). And if you disagree with what he writes send off an email and Im sure he'll reply. Someone needs to keep us informed and he does a good job IMO.

Reply #89727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One part of his agenda is that he only writes negative stuff about Sturt and positive things about Forestville.

This is probably due to his falling out with Sturt in the 70's and his holding a grudge.

Reply #89735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon (89735), so what's wrong with that...at least he starts balancing the ledger after Sturt keep telling us how everyone else is wrong!

Reply #89743 | Report this post

bookworm  
Years ago

Boti has already had a book published: High Flyers - Women's Basketball in Australia.

Not sure where to get it, but have seen it on ebay for the princely sum of $6.90.

Reply #89753 | Report this post

get over it  
Years ago

yawn --

Reply #89757 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

great, so now all those kill-joy nay-sayers have told us what they think of him personally, can anyone answer my original question.

(#89727) - is that it? writes books?

Reply #89778 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I can't beleive that after everything that has happened, Boti can be accused of hacing his own agendas and being negative about basketball.

Has everyone ALREADY forgotten the huge hole basketball in SA was bailed out of today? If it wasn't for Boti making noise about the situation in the first place, basketball could have very well sunk faster than the Titanic, with less trace than morality on Hindley St!

Then again, it's typical for the negative nellies who know they can do better in their own insecure little worlds, but of course never actually attempt to do something to change the situation in the real world!

Reply #89812 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

To the statsmobile!

Reply #89813 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

I think yogee deserves some credit for that post,he makes a point you can't argue with! And it made me think about what Boti has really done for our great sport!

Reply #89814 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Some of Boti's spare time at the moment is being spent on Brett Maher's biography. That's expected to be complete by the end of this year.

Reply #89818 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Boti for pm!!!!

Reply #89846 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I agree. Without Boti, who would be writing about NBL in the paper?? Rucci??? Cornes??? *shudder*

Reply #89862 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti has been kind enough to respond via me for the interest of Rueben and others. Here's a bit about what keeps him busy:

The gig at the paper is more or less part-time. On top of that, he does a weekly spot on TABradio (Wednesday, 7:10AM) talking about basketball that goes live to SA, Qld and the NT.

He's also involved in cadet journalist lectures for The Advertiser. (OMG, an army of caped cadets coming our way!)

As mentioned elsewhere, he's writing Brett Maher's biography, and also working on his own book which some people may have heard mentioned - Basket Cases.

He runs the U14 girls program for the Eagles and is a coach of the Div 1 team. He does some individuals with upcoming players and his daughters.

He's on the Hall of Fame committee of the NBL and occasionally features on FoxSports for programs or features.

And when time or drunkeness permits, he may be seen rampant in a Zorro cape, asking "Is it billowing?"

Reply #90230 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:43 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754