Phizzer
Years ago

NH - Spelling Errors

For all those phonically challenged posters.

Cna yuo raed tihs?

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at
Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Topic #8055 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hloy Siht!! Taths wkiecd!!

Reply #90014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might be able to read it but it's still annoying :) Don't give Brad any ideas!

Reply #90015 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

(a) Been posted before.
(b) Don't encourage anyone!

Reply #90020 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Plus it doesn't actually work. That is a carefully constructed couple of paragraphs designed to make it recognisable to the human brain.

You can just as easily write the same paragraphs using the same rules and make difficult to read:

I cnudolt bveliee taht I cloud allucaty urnesnatdd waht I was rndieag.
The pnaonaehml pewor of the hamun mnid, aondcrcig to a rcrheesach at
Cbaigdrme Unitserivy, it d'senot mtater in waht oedrr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny iprnalomt tnihg is taht the fsirt and lsat leettr be in the rhigt pcale.

Reply #90032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

XY was that supposed to be difficult to read - are you trying to prove the theory or not???

Reply #90034 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

XY, for the most part I can still read that example fairly quickly. The issue comes with reviewing it - I can read it, but because I can't glance at it and quickly pick out key words like "Cambridge" and "research", remembering it is a problem.

Reply #90036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately some of our posters can't even get the first or last letter correct!

Reply #90124 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:37 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754