Isaac
Years ago

Funny Sixers vs Crocs tomorrow night

The Sixers face Townsville tomorrow night up in Queensland's north. Their roster is:

Calvary, Brown, Rose, Rillie and Quick (potential starting line-up) with Robertson, Tragardh, Vanderjagt, Newley and Moore as back up.

With Reidy out for a few more weeks and Kelly gone, the Crocs have gone from being taunted for their aging line-up to having what might be one of the youngest teams in the competition. Rose is 40, Reidy and Rillie 33, Calvary is 25 and the rest are younger than 25.

For those who haven't been following the off-season action, Robert Brown is a 195cm (shorter in reality -- maybe even 6'3"!) power forward with the potential to become a crowd favourite with his dunks, but might be undersized for the position and could prove to be easily-scouted. During the Blitz, he started most games but could be brought off the bench.

Casey Calvary is the other Crocs import -- 203cm and 105kg -- and has shown that he could be a valuable contributor to the Crocs this season.

Their other big men are Tragardh (209cm, 110kg) a 21 year old and Vanderjagt (213cm, 114kg) who is 20.

The Sixers ten is again Maher, Farley, Holmes, Rychart and Rees with Cooper, Forman, Williams, Ng and Hambour as back-up.

With no powerhouse opposing centre in the Crocs line-up, Cooper may well be elevated to start for the Sixers -- he had 10 points and 8 rebounds in 19 minutes against New Zealand.

You can read Boti's article from today's edition of The Advertiser here:

Sixers jet in for a crack at the Crocs

Last night the Bullets beat the Pirates 105-97. Freeman had 29 for the Bullets. Davidson led the Pirates with 24.

What are your tips for Crocs vs Sixers? I'll be honest and admit that I don't always tip the Sixers -- I'd love to see them win, but I've gone with the Crocs for this one.

The remaining games in Round 1 are Hawks vs Tigers (tonight), Tigers vs Taipans (tomorrow) and Wildcats vs Razorbacks (tomorrow).

Topic #809 | Report this topic

Raab Himself  
Years ago

This game is on FOX SPORTS right?

Reply #8612 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, they are showing Tigers vs Taipans (7:00PM Adelaide time).

The next two Sixers games on Fox are both home games (Sixers v Crocs on Oct 6, and Sixers v Breakers on Oct 23).

First five rounds of Fox games.

Reply #8614 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

can we get caverage of the game in any way?

Reply #8626 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Your best bet is probably the Crocs' live stats page

Reply #8627 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

kool thanks

Reply #8628 | Report this post

cgxfdg  
Years ago

Sixers will look good however going from newzealand to cairns to newzealand again than to townsville is tough and it showed in the preseason in NZ but the blitz went well. GO THE SIXERS!

Ps. They changed there top agin to SIXERS instead of 36ers. Someone mistaked them for the 76ers.

Reply #8643 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Looks like someone has accidentally deleted Brett Maher from the NBL site:

Sixers roster

Reply #8644 | Report this post

Years ago

Shizen....

Thats going to dent someones fantasy league team....

Reply #8645 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I've tipped the Sixers for this one, for whatever reason I'm quietly confident too.

I might need to start measuring up for my NBLTipping shorts and polo shirt after going 3 from 3 so far and tipping the 12 point margin for the Sixers. Could this be the year I return to my mantle as national tipping champion just like 2001? Time will tell, and so will I if it proves to be true.

Reply #8681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're awesome billo i wish i was you

Reply #8683 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:08 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754