skyhook
Years ago

Favourite Players signature moves..

In the NBA mine is the un-guardable Skyhook used by Kareem in the 70's and 80's.

From Hoops Hype :
http://www.hoopshype.com/articles/jabbar_stitt.htm

At ABL level i love watching the Ninja shoot fade-aways. And Dougie plow through people !

In the NBL Catalini's back down and fade away on the baseline was a beautiful thing.

A close second would have to be Ricky Grace's left handed floater across the key-way, that was so frustrating but genius to watch. You knew he wanted to go left and yet you couldnt stop him !!

What are your favourite signature moves ?

Topic #8142 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

MJ-stop and Pop. and also the fade away.
Unguardable.
I read that skyhook story as well skyhook interesting why no one else has perfected it since the junior junior skyhook by Magic...

Reply #90900 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

The David Stiff triple up and under.

Reply #90901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nba: Iversons crossover
Nbl: The Jason Williams dribble hand off
Abl: The Damien Scanlon charge

Reply #90902 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

This has already been given a bit of a going-over here.

* Note hilarious entry from Satish Dogra about two-thirds of the way down the page (#31420) - whatever happened to that guy? :)

Reply #90903 | Report this post

S Vidmar  
Years ago

Scott Whitmore had a killer bank shot from anywhere on the court, baseline jumper was also gold jerry.

Stubby Holder had a great flop/charge thing happening.

Paul Bell has had the same post move since leaving the womb, it has been very effective though.

Reply #90904 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

NBL: Mark Davis' 8 pump fakes in the key before taking the shot.

NBA: Magic Johnson's look away pass or Shaq's hop before he starts his run down the court.

Reply #90905 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

HAHAHA anonymous the Jason Williams dribble hand off - classic!
NBL for me is the Mark Davis Quadruple pump fake after a massive offensive rebound. I and many others have re-enacted that one over and over again.
The Shane Heal step back for 3 - although an obvious tosser - was almost impossible to defend.
And Chocolate Thunder's Wam-Bam-Break-the-rim-Thunder-Jam (or something like that).

Reply #90906 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Mark Davis walking through opposition team huddles.

Reply #90907 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

Iversons lightning cross-overs for sure,leaves players on there ass,including Mj once!

Reply #90911 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

Personally I like the Liam Flynn "THUMP and JUMP"

Reply #90914 | Report this post

3guardfront  
Years ago

In his latter years Shane Heal added the driving, right hand, skyhook, floater to go with the step back 3. Like him or not you had to appreciate it.

Reply #90922 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Dominique Wilkins' WINDMILL JAM!

Reply #90924 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Farley "jordan" fadeaway, he does that move over and over, you can see if coming yet no one really every stops him getting it off. Also Brett pull-up three. Tim hardaway killer crossover, and clyde the glide.

Reply #90927 | Report this post

Wilt Chamberlain's fingerroll. The most unstoppable move in the NBA

Reply #90934 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brett Maher shake-and-bake. No flair at all, but effective.

Reply #90935 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Mutombo's block then shake of the finger!

Kevin Brooks through the legs step back jumper.

Dougghie being a buffnut with hops, I've seen with my own eyes him ring grab and get a block!

Reply #90942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hakeem's dreamshake
MJ's stop and pop 17-footer
AI and Timmy Hardaway's killer crossover
Andrew Gaze's backdoor play
Alley-oopey David Stiffy

Reply #90943 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Ally oops are always exciting to watch when executed well. One that comes to mind is about 3 years back when Dusty passed to Charles Thomas.

Reply #90947 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Ahh the dream shake.
Allen Iversons crossover did him open for a foul line jumper over MJ which he hit, bit if I recall correctly MJ then torched him for over 40 the rest of the game, and the next game dropped 50 on him..

Reply #90962 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Darnell Mee's Statue of Liberty dunk.
Tim Hardaway-UTEP two step.
Andrew Gaze-Flop for a charge..... and then get the call!

Reply #90970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Douggie "walk-to-the-bench-after-getting-fouled-out"!

Reply #90981 | Report this post

davo  
Years ago

vince carter dunk then muscle flex!

Reply #91001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Big Country "Catapult".

Reply #91006 | Report this post

Gizoogle  
Years ago

Why don't we see tha skyhook?
byEric Stitt / July 29 2006

Wit his biznack ta tha basket, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar takes a quick right-handed dribble and my money on my mind. Then swiftly turns ta his left as his outside arm follows tha lead of a bizzall that is ascend'n toward tha sky as tha R-to-tha-izzest of his body begins ta fizzle into a shot thizzat continues ta marvel tha world of sports.

The skyhook.

There is nuttin' like it . Slap your mutha fuckin self. No one has done it ta tha perfection tizzle he did and yo momma. It is tha most unstoppable shiznot in basketball history n no one uses it. It's apparent tha skyhook shizzot has virtually vanished from existence, thus blunt-rollin' everyone fizzle Jizzle Wooden ta Abdul-Jabbar blingin' why.

Reply #91031 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

um, I do not understand....
you are fuckoozling with my headoozle.

Reply #91037 | Report this post

go to www.gizoogle.com, and you'll understand...

Reply #91103 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754