Bandit
Years ago

SportingPulse - Junior Results 28th July 06

Does anyone know why we're not having the 28th July round up-dated..?

Surely the task of up-dating the results doesn't rely on only one person..? who is absent..?

Normally they're posted by Tuesday. Do we have a technical hiccup or just a human resource issue?

They are followed...!

Topic #8144 | Report this topic

panther lover  
Years ago

i am furious, our team is currently 6 th and we won a friday night game and a cath up game on sunday which mean our team is 9 wins and 7 losses, we would like to know if we have broke into the top 5 but sportingpulse are having so much problem placing reults on, its so bloody frustrating.

Reply #90917 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Reply #90919 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

"i am furious"

Slight overreaction perhaps panther lover??

Reply #90920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

seeing that basketball in this state has gone through a massive upheaval and some of these people are only just finding out if they indeed still have jobs and if they do just what that job entails.

yes it must be important to you to find out when where who if but surely a little bit of patience and courtesy can't go astray.

Reply #90926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This problem has been happening for years. It is NOT a recent problem. You cant blame the take over as an excuse. When was the last time you saw a Premiership ladder up in any stadium. It used to happen years ago, ladders up on club notice boards for all the kids and parents to see. So why cant it be done first thing Monday morning as the scores are faxed to the dome on the day of the games. Lets hope our game becomes a bit more professional in its actions so that the people that constantly complain about these sort of thing can stop. Yes - like myself....

Reply #90928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

90928, its alot better than it used to be. Now you can access the ladders online and there were times when they only got updated in some stadiums every 3 or 4 weeks!

Reply #90929 | Report this post

Bandit  
Years ago

It's interesting how many of the posts on this site move quickly towards the "complaining" mode. That wasn't my intent as I didn't start the post in the negative. Or so I thought.

Basketball in this State is / has obviously gone through recent upheaval. The grass roots of the sport remain with the junior environment and obviously there is interest in following results as we all get towards the business end of the season.

Administrators should be aware of that and cater to demand in keeping results / ladders timely.

However, if there is a plausible reason for delay, then communication on the site that delays in posting results will be experience etc etc is perhaps a better service than no information at all. Just a suggestion. Communication is the key in all walks not just our basketball community.

That's positive feedback and not a complaint.
Look forward to seeing the results back up next week&??,
I hope.

Reply #90930 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Bandit and panther lover,

I update the results on SportingPulse. Give me a buzz at Basketball SA on 8444-6444.

Reply #90931 | Report this post

well  
Years ago

why not put the results up then....problem solved

Reply #90933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mr Arnott,

Just checked sportingpulse,ladders and results NOT updated,is this how our Juniors are going to be run from now on,with somebody telling porkie pies to try and cover their lapses.

Reply #90955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon above. Read what Paul said - he said he does the updating on the site - NOT that he has updated for last week!

And good luck to him, having to deal with criticism from moron's like you...

Reply #90960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually he won't have to deal with that moron - he'll just anonymously whinge on this site, he won't have the nuts to actually ring Paul on the number he's provided.

Reply #90961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul, if you update the scores on sporting pulse.

Then well done mate. My daughter plays div 1-2.

I have no complaints at the time between game played and results posted. In fact, the time of information has improved vastly over this season. Results are imperitave to us, as we travel.

Dont let the .1 percent of whingers put you off.

If you didnt do it, then no one would. Then they'd have no results, and something really to whinge about !!!

Reply #90964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul,

Obviously there is an issue here of which we are unaware. Normally things are done in a timely manner; Thursday night junior results are up I believe. So that everyone can rest easy knowing that things are under control let us know what is the current situation or problem you are facing as I am confident that it is not you at fault but something else.

Reply #90968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop staring into the mirror with your military uniform and dictating to the masses and put the damn results up Arnie.

Reply #91020 | Report this post

jack higgins  
Years ago

Panther lover and anon 90955, my god if the worst thing in the world is that you don't get your teams results up on the website, than coming on here to criticise a good man like Paul is the worst thing that could happen in the world to you than you really haven't got much to whinge about.
I mean Beruit and Lebanon are being bombed to smithereens, Europe and the US are going through massive droughts but oh no you can't get your teams results posted on the web site. WELL BOO-HOO TO YOU!!!!
WAKE UP AND GET A REALITY CHECK!!!!

Reply #91074 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754