Sturt vs Forestville, Dome, 6:30PM August 12
North vs Southern, Hillcrest, 7PM August 12

Men:
Sturt vs Forestville, Dome, 8:15PM August 12
Eastern vs Norwood, Mt Barker, 2PM August 13

Topic #8176 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

A Sturt double header at the Dome. Rats.

Reply #91284 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

gold pun Sturty!

Reply #91288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why aren't all the games on the Saturday night?

Reply #91315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do Sturt need to play out of the Dome ? 8000 seat stadium with a couple of hundred spectators with no bar to look out from to enjoy the game. What a boring atmosphere...If they are that worried about playing at a great venue like Wayville why not go somewhere neutral like Mars ?

Reply #91331 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

Opening a 8000 seat stadium for 300-400 people seems a bit stupid. What about Mars? What about Forrestville? Im sure even if we played all 4 finals games at the Dome on one day it still would only pull a small crowd. Jam them into Mars or Wayville and you have an atmosphere. Would it be to much to ask for at least 1 bar to be open at the Dome,

Has any thing changed when it comes to money losing ideas. Shame BASA, BSA or what ever you call yourselves these days. The talk may have changed but the words still come out of the same old mouths.

Reply #91337 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Considering MARS isnt BSA owned, how would holding the game there have saved them money?????

Reply #91347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would have to be heaps cheaper to hire then opening the Dome.

Reply #91349 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

I don't think many people would make the effort to go to Mars from Forestville/Sturt supporter land. I agree, why not keep the game at Wayville, split the takings from the bar/entry,(if that is the way it is done), and create a great atmosphere.I do not believe there is a home court advantage at all, both teams have played, won and lost there.

Reply #91356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bar is open and you can watch from in front of the bar there is a table and chairs to watch from

Reply #91360 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anon #91331. Playing somewhere nuetral is a good idea. As Mt Barker is not being used until Sunday, and the Eagles struggle to get a win there, then I would say it would be to Sturt's advantage to play at Mt Barker. Sounds silly but makes good sense.

Reply #91371 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Interested I think there still would be home court advantage because I still think that the team that is used to the lighting/rims/floor/general surroundings will always feel more comfortable playing there then the team who doesn't.
I think sturt made a sound decision to avoid Wayville

Reply #91388 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:14 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754