Anonymous
Years ago

What is Rucker doing this season?

Has he signed with anyone?

Also David Bailey, did he get picked up?

Topic #8186 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Not that I've heard in either case.

A few teams have their full roster or not enough space under the points cap, so opportunities for either might be limited.

I think Rucker might have to try Europe or sit out a season and wait for another team to join the NBL (e.g., Gold Coast, more Asian teams).

Reply #91423 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

How old is he now? He would have to be near 40?

Reply #91426 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

He will be 40 on October 2nd.

Reply #91430 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Surely he will just bow out gracefully. Europe is a good choice for him, but no team would surely have him. Age is one thing, but his body is breaking down on him.

Would be good to see Bailey continue his colourful career in the NBL.

Reply #91441 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

He is taking the season off to make the long awaited "In Living Colour 2".....

Reply #91442 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

A question I'd like to know the answer to is the age of the oldest basketballer still playing in a professional league.

From memory Kobe's dad was running around not too long ago aged around 50 in some sort of semi-professional league in the US, but I'm kind of hoping there's some wacky Chinese playing-coach still going at 55 or something equally as ridiculous.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Reply #91445 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Rob Rose is 63 aint he??

Reply #91447 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

haha Skip.
Rucker would have to be the most productive 40 year old close to ever wouldn't he?

Reply #91453 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Lockstock, his stats would appear to compare him favourably to 41 year old D-Mac during the 05/06 season, but it was a close thing:

Rucker: 17ppg, 7apg, 4 rpg
D-Mac: 13ppg, 7apg, 4 rpg

At the same time, D-Mac lead a championship attack with plenty of scoring options that played like a team.

Rucker lead an underachieving rabble that had the talent, and plenty of other scoring options (who didn't seem to get open to score enough), but couldn't get it all together (some suggest this is at least partly to do with Rucker).

I know which 40-ish player I would select for my team.

Reply #91467 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rucker was statistically close to the top ten performers in the league last year but as you've implied, I think too many consider him to be a bit of a cancer to a team for him to pop up anywhere significant.

Brisbane dumped him Townsville have enough guards, Perth have enough guards, Cairns have their guards covered, I don't believe NZ are looking at him, Adelaide have a full roster, Melbourne have their guards covered, same with the Dragons. I'm pretty sure Wollongong have finished their roster and the Kings have two import spots to comfortably cover their needs. That leaves Singapore and West Sydney.

Singapore have Helms/Davidson/Trahair. West Sydney have their new import Justin Bailey, Harvey and I think a few of their other guys are more 2/3s while Rucker isn't going to be playing SF in a hurry. I can't see a contender taking him on, but someone looking to win a few games to keep crowds around in hard times (*cough* Pigs *cough*) might.

Reply #91472 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

just a quick question
how many teams has Rucker played for?

Reply #91483 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

all of them twice

Reply #91495 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Wasn't David Bailey busted for dope?

Reply #91509 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Wasn't David Bailey busted for dope?

Reply #91510 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754