Kingman
Years ago

Mitsubishi Sponsor of Rugby League

Interesting reading in today's paper, the NRL (National Rugby League) may have secured a $60m sponsor in Mitsubishi over the next 6 years. Mitsubishi was once a sponsor of the NBL when it was on free to air. The funny thing is that Rugby League is on free to air on Friday and Sunday nights but in South Australia, Victoria and Western Australia it's shown so late its past everyones bed time.

http://foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20075512-23209,00.html

Topic #8209 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats becasue in in South Australia, Victoria and Western Australia the AFL coverage takes prime time. In NSW and Queensland its AFL thats on in the middle of the night

Reply #91646 | Report this post

Kingman  
Years ago

Anon 91646
I know that, my point was that they get a $60m sponsorship WITHOUT National Prime time coverage.

Reply #91651 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Rugby League:

One man trying to shove two heads up three mens bums......

(ie Scrums)

Reply #91662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More people would watch the 3 NRL State of Origin matches than a whole season of NBL matches on fox combined

Try something like 1.8 million in Sydney and 1.3 in Queensland for game one of the SOO.

Fox are happy if they get 250,000 house hold watching Australia wide.

That's why.

Reply #91663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they have National Prime time in two out of the three most lived in states in Australia, on of which is growing fast

Reply #91681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A sport for the intellects.

Pass the ball backwards to go forwards

Reply #91686 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I'm kind of straying off-topic here, but isn't it a bit strange that Mitsubishi can find $60 million to throw at a sport based in the Eastern states when their Adelaide factory is struggling big-time?

I'm sure the thousands of Mitsubishi employees and their families in Adelaide would be thrilled that the company would rather invest the money that way than on making better cars etc.

(Note to NRL CEO: if you get Mitsubishi on board, run immediately from the successful meeting clutching the cheque and deposit it as quickly as you can. RUN.)

Reply #91702 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Bo, classic commment re the Mitsubishi rubber cheque... :) Definitely worthy of a little basketball.

Kev.

Reply #91728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

aaaahhh...

I worked it out!

Mitsubishi is sponsoring the local U16 and U18 basketball comps. They resemble rugby league at times, especially when played at Pt Adel's/West's stadium on a Friday night!!

Reply #91743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, that was funny Anon 91743.... did you think of that yourself?

Reply #91833 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Its simple enough, mitsubishi have to sell cars, they must spend money to convince the simpletons among us that their cars are good..therefore they spend up on rugby..in the eastern states where they dont sell many.

The good people at Mitsubishi, wiill have far more to worry about, when they stop spending!

Reply #91943 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754