Lanard copeland at stag

12am last night, walked into the stag, and there he was. Looking suave as only he can do. i had the pleasure of shaking the great man's hand and wishing him luck for next season, it made my night

Topic #8221 | Report this topic

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

must have been a fun night if thats the case...

Reply #91814 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

apparently he and Brett Wheeler are regular party men at the botanic. Painting the town blue red and yellow

Reply #91825 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

I've heard that The Stag is a great place for the basketball community to hang out.

Reply #91835 | Report this post

Matt W  
Years ago

long as he is in shape for the season...

Reply #91836 | Report this post

tse tse  
Years ago

personally i think that we may have worn out our welcome at the stag. i'm sure everyone appreciates the sponsorship we were given, but we have to line up for 1/2 hour outside and then sometimes an hour inside just to get upstairs, when we get upstairs they tell us that our cards don't get any discount, and then we're only there for 2 more hours and have to leave. the amount of money that basketballers spend there, maybe we should get sponsorshiop from a more accessible place?

Reply #91840 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

I would strongly disagree with you tse tse. Truth be known the stag is not my destination of choice however i have found them to be nothing but helpful everytime i have gone there. They should be commended for there commitment to Basketball.

If you have to wait half an hour or an hour it isn't because they don't like you, rather they are protecting themselves from losing there livelihood. The OLGC are not to be messed with. Look what happened to Heaven!!!

Reply #91860 | Report this post

I saw the great man at the Botanic about 12.30 am- he seems to be in great shape!

He was looking pretty cool (and not just because bears a striking resemblance to Frozone from The Incredibles)

Reply #91880 | Report this post

TH  
Years ago

must add my two cents... i am disappointed that my 'drinks card' has not once resulted in a discounted round. perhaps not so much it's uselessness in effect, but that fact no-one has an explanation whenever i query its validness is quite bemusing.

Reply #91887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the stag thing is crap the cards dont work and you have to line up they should know we dont get out till 11 then we gotta line up cos they have let a whole bunch of tossers in. fucking shit house. we'll need a new sponser next year.

Reply #91898 | Report this post

the drinks cards work, only on beer taps. I unfortunately worked this out when i was charged $8 each for a corona (!)

Reply #91944 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

8 bucks for a corona, you could get blown for 8 bucks.....

Reply #91962 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sh*t, Adelaide's changed since I was last home. It use to be at least a $20.

$8 a corona, stick that up your clacker. Won't be drinking there in October.

Reply #91975 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Maybe you should drink a real beer then :-)

Reply #91978 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Don't know about that skip. Some of my most forgettable nights have been on corona and tequila depthcharges.

Plus over here in Canberra a slab of corona is on par with a slab of coopers for price. Don't touch horsep*ss like VB, Carlton or Tooheys.

Reply #92015 | Report this post

TytsMagee  
Years ago

The drink cards are only valid before 10:30. Seems pretty smart considering you wont get there till 11 after a game..

Reply #92080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Query...where can you get blown for $8???

Reply #92095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

back to the subject... yes lanard copeland is often at the stag (usually accompanied by mark davis)as a starting place before heading off to his other usual spot.
If you see him, shake his hand! he's a great guy.... just don't hand around and over stay your welcome... well unless you are a sexy chick looking to get laid!!

Reply #172371 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

lanard copeland is the biggest sleaze ever, i was at a bar in the city while i was talking to him he tried to put my hand down hes pants.......absolute dirty sleazy pig!

Reply #309703 | Report this post

eva  
Years ago

hrm u guys do realise lanard copeland is still a married man? He is no bachelor!

Reply #311386 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:18 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754