AK-47
Years ago

USA no excuse to lose?

With the roster that USA have right now they have no excuse to lose.
There team is
Carmelo Anthony, Gilbert Arenas, Shane BAttier, Chris Bosh, Bruce Bowen, Kirk Hinrich, Elton Brand, Dwight Howard, LeBron James, Antawn jamison, Joe Johnson, Brad Miller, Chris Paul, Amare Stoudemire and Dwyane Wade.
Now seriously how many teams with a roster like that can lose a game?

Topic #8236 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

In a international game USA aren't as good. Your right, that's a killer roster but sometimes a killer roster will only get you so far. The international game is so different to what these players see nightly in the NBA.

I'm still liking Argentina to take it out.

Reply #91974 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

I don't think guys like Lebron and Wade will let them lose. These guys are in the best few players in the world and when it gets down to the crunchtime, they do not want to lose, and noone will be able to stop them.

Reply #91988 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

I like the look of Serbia, Argentina or Brazil

Reply #91994 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Team USA is back as the force, sure teams on their best night will come close but I can't see these guys losing, in the past they have lacked the cohesion, but this group has been selected not only for their talent but also their 'team' ability and they have had plenty of preperation time together this time round.

Reply #91999 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

USA will have no trouble.

Reply #92010 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

USA just overcome Brazil recently. I just feel come crunchtime it's going to be the unity of veteran, cohesive teams like Argentina are going to overcome USA. France are my darkhorses for the tournament.

I think USA will probably take it out, but I can most definately see Argentina, France, Greece and maybe Spain giving them some nightmares along the way.

Who takes the last game winning shot of USA???? I can see that causing some tension. It's one thing to say 'unity' in front of the media, but it's gonna be another thing come that last shot.

Reply #92013 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

USA will get gold, Argentina Silver, Brazil Bronze... Australia 8th-12th,.

Reply #92033 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

"I don't think guys like Lebron and Wade will let them lose. These guys are in the best few players in the world and when it gets down to the crunchtime, they do not want to lose, and noone will be able to stop them. "
correct me if i am wrong, but weren't these guys on the last US team???
which lost by the way...

Reply #92072 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Wade was im unsure if LeBron was

Reply #92156 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I think it will be a toss up between Usa and Argentina.
But all in all i think the last result will be
Usa Gold Argentina Silver France Bronze and Brazil 4th.

Reply #92157 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

On a team where they didnt't get on the court and when they did, could not get the ball out of Marbury's hands. These guys have too much competitive spirit in them to let the team lose with the expectations they've put on their own shoulders. How about we actually appreciate the good players of the NBA instead of bagging them for a change?

Reply #92160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

db5, you love to qoute people dont you,write your own posts instead of picking up on other peoples comments!you turn all your posts into a go at other peoples opinion!why not try putting your point of view!!!

Reply #92171 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

DB5, Wade and LeBron were both on that side, but in their defense, they didn't really see alot of playing time, especially LeBron.

Reply #92176 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

cheers twenty four...
the problem the US will have is when teams play a zone on them, and they are forced to shoot 3's and jump shots instead of taking it to the hole...last time they had no shooters, and while they have made an attempt to address this problem, they have just lost Gilbert Arenas to injury which will leave them with Hinrich and Johnson as shooters with Bowen and Jamieson as the next best shooters...Wade and James have improved, but are more adept at getting to the rack, than blowing a zone out of the water.

Reply #92193 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Yes they will have to work hard for their points against a zone but remember these guys face double teams every night and still manage to get it done. Id also say the pressure full court defense team usa will be able to throw at other teams with the athletes they have on their team will be much harder to deal with than any zone

Reply #92215 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Definately M Dizzle, the d that USA will play will be awesome..imagine a half court trap against some of those guys!
I think they will struggle more than they think with Arenas going home now, he was the shooter they needed...
Do we play these guys in the world champs, anyone know?

Reply #92221 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754