Isaac
Years ago

ABL Double header it is!

Good news - we have a double header this Saturday at Wayville!

August 19, women at 6:30, men at 8:15PM.

Sturt women play Southern to see who meets Forestville in the grand final. Southern got home against North over the weekend just been, while Sturt didn't have enough to take care of the Eagles.

Forestville men tackle Norwood for the right to face Sturt in the final game of the year. Norwood burnt the Mavs on Sunday, while the Eagles went down to the Sabres in the last few seconds.

This Saturday night at Wayville - can't see why there won't be a big crowd and good atmosphere given the venue and the fact that this is a crucial do-or-die game for all four teams.

Topic #8247 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

common sense to me ;-)

PACK THE JOINT

Reply #92142 | Report this post

Bring it on  
Years ago

Bring it on people!!!!
BSA are starting to listen to what the heards want..... basketball is alive and well in SA!!!

Now it's time for the teams to put on a good show!!!

Reply #92146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its great to hear that both games will be at Wayville this week. The atmosphere will be so much better and hopefully there will be a lot more Sturt supporters this time. I was very disappointed in the amount of Sturt supporters at the Dome Saturday night. I reckon the Forestville supporters out numbered them 2 - 1. Especially the juniors in their club clours. Hopefully Wayville will not run out of food at half time like the Dome and the bar is open after the game for a drink. Great game by Ng again.

Reply #92167 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

The atmosphere at the Dome sucks for ABL games.
I believe anon, you will be disappointed as every game I have seen Sturt play the opposition fans outnumber the double blue fans.

Reply #92184 | Report this post

Bring it on  
Years ago

obviously Sturt could do more to get all there juniors to the game to support the senior side..... it's not like they don't have a large list of juniors plus there families....

come on sturt fans - pack the joint you have two teams playing!!!!!

Reply #92191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#92191) only one this week the men won thru to the grand final

Reply #92198 | Report this post

Bring it on  
Years ago

sorry my bad, just the girls
I got a bit too excited for a big crowd.....

Reply #92200 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Well Southern crowds have been big for the last 2 games traveling to Pt Adelaide and Hillcrest. They will be they again on Saturday night at Wayville. Hoping for a huge crowd to support Sturt as well should be a great game with some vocal supporters. This should be one of the best nights of basketball.
I'm sure the Forestville and Norwood supporters will have to get there early if they want a seat. Wayville will be packed to the rafters! Even if you don't follow these 4 teams it's going to be a great night of entertainment.

Reply #92203 | Report this post

The Panda  
Years ago

What are peoples thoughts on the end result of the two games being played this Saturday night ?

I believe that in the ladies game Sturt will pull away in the second half and win by 11.

The Mens game i think will be a pearler with both teams playing well in all areas at the moment. Im tipping Flames by 16.

Whatever goes on it will be a great night at Wayville.
Cheers,

Reply #92207 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

after watching southern easily account for west and have the measure of north all game i think that sturt will have their work cut out to contain southern they are playing with a ton of confidence.

it is simply not a case of stop beatty or stop walker, stop them then kaeslar & cooper will burn you, stop them then warnes & cannon will burn you.

Norwood too are the form side, and are riding the wave of confidence if they get away early they will be hard to beat.

Southern by 3
Norwood by 5ish

Reply #92210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

warnes?? Not unless she's holding a candle...

Reply #92265 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Love that graphic!

Reply #92353 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754