Isaac
Years ago

Boomers vs China

Looks like the Boomers vs China game has finished. China won 63-61 after the Boomers came back from 10+ down.

Yao Ming had 21 and 10. Andrew Bogut had 20 and 9, Sam Mackinnon 12 and Jason Smith 10. Brad Newley went 1/6 from the field (or 2/11 including threes - I think that's how the Chinese boxscores work) but had 9 points and 6 boards it seems.

Topic #8267 | Report this topic

hurley  
Years ago

China plays well with yao but shit without. A 2 point loss isnt really that bad when you consider we came from 16 down on a 14 nil scoring run..... i saw a bit of the game and our defense was the best id seen thru that stretch. also, we werent hitting any of our shots, if we shot just averagely we wouldve won comfurtably. The offense looks better despite the shots missing, we will be dangerous when it all comes together.

Reply #92323 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

Sixth place finish ... that's the highest finishing place we've had in any tournament under Goorj !

Reply #92346 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

We did win to France however, and scare Greece

Reply #92357 | Report this post

tony Blair  
Years ago

we can scare them as much as we like but the scoreboard still marks it down as a loss

Reply #92360 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Funny Daniel, but not strictly accurate. We won that Mickey Mouse torney at the Commonwealth Games, and also the four nations comp last year.

But we still lost to China. According to the current betting odds posted by Isaac yesterday, China were at longer odds than Australia to win the world champs than us. Not very impressive.

Reply #92362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These games are warmups and only that.

Reply #92366 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

China is pretty good with yao, hes like the peice that puts it all in perspective for the team. Theres been many a good team lose to china with yao, i mean argentina only beat them by 8 in a practice match in 2004 - they went on to be gold medalists. Chibnas guards arent that great, but Yao is.... and he is use to carrying teams.

Reply #92396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if wanna watch the game try here

http://bt.nbago.net/bt/torrents/1/079249ce34d1a8816c5ba2e8f1aa4716b5b0438d.torrent

save the link and then open in your torrent program, not bad quality

Reply #92434 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Anonymous... you wouldnt happen to have a link to the Aus v France and Aus v Greece games by any chance would you?

BTW after watching the game, Australia plays much bvetter as a team and actually looked dominant for the 2nd half, however the difference was poor shooting and Yao Ming. The D was good, all that was missing was shots and we wouldve won by a comfurtable margin... when i first herd we lost i was Pissed off./... watching the game im a lot more optimistic.

Reply #92658 | Report this post

Jimmyy  
Years ago

I know this factor doesn't excuse the boomers poor execution rate though with patty mills and joe ingles out it doesnt help

Reply #242344 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:21 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754