Anonymous
Years ago

Fight in the Crowd!!!

So what was the fight all about - I heard that all involved were Norwood people.

Anyone know anything else??

Topic #8306 | Report this topic

52-Cans  
Years ago

I think it was those 2 girls who were just yelling shit out at fville players like "soft cock" etc... a fville bloke told her to shut up then 5 wogs were wanting to fight this 1 guy... typical!

Reply #92788 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Forgot to mention, the chick who got told to shut up was a girlfriend of one of the wogs (hope this doesn't sound at all racist)

In the end nothing happened, I'm not 100% sure of the story, just curious was there a brawl outside regarding that?

Reply #92789 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

I think the guy who snapped was a mate of Scott Arnold's(Confirm???). The whole group of Norwood supporters were a bunch of halfwits and were a disgrace all night long. The guy had done his best to ignore them all night, but they kept having a go at Arnold, and I guess he'd had enough. That one girl who kept screaming could quite possibly be the most annoying fan to ever attend an ABL game.

Reply #92790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

52 cans get a life

Reply #92791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jimmy - you're on the money pretty much. The only correction is - the Norwood spectators started having a go at the women Forestville supporters. The guy sitting with the women spoke up, the Norwood guys continued on and we all saw the result. The other guys came in late and just wanted to be in a fight.

Reply #92795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Eagle fans just come here to cry over the refereeing, like last week.

Reply #92796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the girl yelling out had no class. tramp. and i was one of the norwood fans too .

Reply #92797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jimmy, the mate of scott arnolds was an extremely successful former norwood player.

those people in the crowd need to learn some respect. I guess the end result on the court and in the crowd spoke for itself. How you like them apples? Go eages!

Reply #92798 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Great to see the players got extra value on the night.
Is this "Bash Norwood Week"? I notice another thread paying out their supporters at an U14 game.

Reply #92799 | Report this post

did the cops come ???

i remeber an abl game at the dome - 2 pissed guys were thrown out by the heat

Reply #92800 | Report this post

Dandyman  
Years ago

Must be something about norwood fans ..........................

Get a life !!!!!!!! and stop cheating ..........

Mackrel in the water ...........

Back to victoria and sanity I go

Reply #92802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this thread does nothing for the game, or the players from both teams who gave it their all.

let the clubs sort it out internally as I am sure people know who the sxxt stirrers were.

let it be.

Reply #92803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and norwood wonder y everybody hates them

Reply #92807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least Norwood have the passion and support to get that fired up about the game.

Reply #92808 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Damn, sat infront of the same girl at Mt Barker last week....funny I recall mentioning the word 'karma' at the end of the game. Funny how things turn out....

Reply #92809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

people let it go!!! This thread has already had more attention than it deserves....the game was a blinda!!!

Reply #92811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem is BSA will do nothing about it.

This is now BSA's time to shine and show as they have changed and act for the good of the game - make a statement BSA.

Get these idiots that spoil it for everyone else and ban them from attending BSA events and stadiums for a year - teach em a lesson!

Every other league in Australia would investigate it and do something about it. BSA haven't in the past - I hope they do this time and not just fob it off as the club's responsibility.

Reply #92813 | Report this post

pretzelhead  
Years ago

Brad would of kicked all their ar$es.

Reply #92814 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Don't you mean:

Brad wudv kikd their Rses.....

Reply #92820 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Funny how Norwood gets the blame when the Eagles supporter was the one that went from verbal to physical. To call it a fight is a bit of an exaggeration. I've seen bigger blues in the car park at Coles.

Action from BSA? Why? It was a great night in every respect except the result. Other threads complain about the lack of atmosphere at the Dome. Wayville had it in spades.

Scott Arnold will always cop it from Norwood supporters. He likes to strut his stuff & we love to give him heaps. If he wasn't such a good player we wouldn't bother.

All the best for next week Scotty!

Reply #92835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

92835, I think youll find no one is blaming Norwood. They are blaming a couple of suppporters who happen to be have or are some how associated with the club. They were not representing Norwood - just supporters of the abl side. They are just poor reflections on themselves.

Reply #92838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was a great game with a little extra. scotty will always cop extra he's a great bloke and would have love every bit of it. as for people bagging norwood supporters at least they give a dam about the club and there senior team. they were great throught the finals. and if your getting upset by someone yelling out dont fucing come to the games. its all about the passion and if you dont like it stay at home and watch the fucking bill or something. nothing happened after the game and nothing happened during the game just leave it at that and get some fucking lives. was a great game and good luck to all the boys from both teams next week. hopfully we see some passion shown there to........

Reply #92839 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Those idiots were not passionate. They didn't seem to care at all when 'their' team lost the game, and I was confused as to why the Norwood players even clapped and acknowledged the supporters after the game. It was like they had done their club proud, when they had in fact embarrassed them. Anonymous #92839, $5 says you were one of these so called 'passionate supporters'.

Reply #92843 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

think you'll find the girl who started it all was the sister of a flames player as well...

Reply #92845 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Wouldn't be the sister of 'SCOOOOTTTTTYYYYYYY' would it?

Reply #92860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hardly a fight, a scuffle at the best! i don't think it ditracted from the main game!! And what an awesome one at that. Did you see the boys who came in at the end to break it up! Let's just say calm was quickly restored!!

Reply #92865 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Break it up? I saw two people having a discussion and twenty spectators. It looked a bit dramatic, but nothing compared to the action on the court.

Cooper - now that was hot!

Reply #92866 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

52-Cans I think you need to look at the way you word things if you do not want to come off as racist.

To say "typical wog" is offensive. However if you were trying to just describe someone, ie "this is my wog mate" as you are introducing me, it may not be seen as offensive.

Please be more careful next time you post. I will assume you mean well but are just clumsy, not racist.

Reply #92880 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

well what is a wog these days? gone from being name used to describe italians, to describing any european with some tan, mullet or mohawk, and is 'fully sick'.

Reply #92945 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Lol Ricey is right, and yeh I apoligize, i tend to type then read and realise... oh shit! lol

Sorry for any inconvenience! I just meant the 5v1 out numbering typical fighting, it's all you see now a days, never a 1v1!

Reply #92946 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

nah was 1 on 1 last night at grand with that dude from fville i believe, has eye brow ring and kinda blonde hair, big guy... except he was fair pansy and just tackled guy to floor and got kicked out.

Reply #92951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, what people might've been yelling out at the match wasn't in the spirit of the game but people need to GROW A THICK SKIN! Scott Arnold is a great player but of course he's going to cop flack from Norwood supporters.

Reply #93008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EVERYONE THAT HAS MADE A COMMENT IN THIS FORUM - SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO STOP AND THINK FOR A SECOND.

THE TOPIC IS 'FIGHT IN THE CROWD' AND OBVIOUSLY EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM - HAS NO IDEA WHAT SO EVER OF WHAT EVEN HAPPENED IN THE CROUWD!

FOR STARTERS THE FIGHT IN THE CROWD WAS BETWEEN TWO MALES. NAMES NOT MENTIONED. HOWEVER ONE MALE WAS THE BROTHER OF A FLAMES PLAYER AND ONE THE BEST FRIEND OF AN EGLES PLAYER. THE NORWOOD SPECTATOR WAS GIVING GRIEF TO SCOTT ARNALD- BUT PURELY AS A JOKE. AS YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW, SCOTT USED TO PLAY FOR NORWOOD - AND THEREFORE WOULD HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PLAYERS AND THEIR FAMILIES. THE EGLES SUPPORTER DID DEAL WITH THE HARSH COMMENTS THROUGHOUT THE GAME, AND OBVIOUSLY KNEW THAT IT WAS ONLY A JOKE. HOWEVER, AS IT CAME TO THE CRUNCH IN THE GAME, AND THE SCORES WERE CLOSE- HE OBVIOUSLY SNAPPED! DUE TO BEING STRESSED, WORRIED, ETC.
THE EGLES SPECTATOR GRABBED THE FLAMES SUPPORTER, AND THATS WHEN THE REST OF THE CROWD JUMPED IN- NOT TO FIGHT- BUT TO CLEARLY BREAK IT UP! THERE WERE SPECTATIORS FROM BOTH TEAMS TRYING TO BREAK THE FIGHT UP!

AND THAT'S REALLY IF YOU CAN CALL THE WHOLE SENARIO- 'THE GUY THAT GRABBED ANOTHER GUY  PURELY TO SCARE HIM A BIT'& 'A FIGHT'????

AND IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE THE TWO SPECTATORS THAT WERE INVOLVED IN THE FIGHT, WERE TWO MALES AND THEY TALKED ABOUT THE ISSUE, RESPONSIBLY AND MATURELY AFTERWORDS.

AS FOR THE WOGS COMMENT: re: Fight in the Crowd!!! (#92788)
I think it was those 2 girls who were just yelling shit out at fville players like "soft cock" etc... a fville bloke told her to shut up then 5 wogs were wanting to fight this 1 guy... typical!
- GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND REALISE THAT THE SO CALLED WOGS WERE JUST TRYING TO STOP THE FIGHT. AND YOU SHOULDN'T PRESUME THAT WOGS JUST WANT TO FIGHT EVERYONE! AND AS FOR THE TWO HOT BLONDE GIRLS THAT OBVIOUSLY SUPPORT NORWOOD, GOOD ON EM- WE NEED TO SEE A FEW MORE PEOPLE SUPPORTING THEIR TEAM!!!

AND AS FOR THIS COMMENT : re: Fight in the Crowd!!! (#92790)
I think the guy who snapped was a mate of Scott Arnold's(Confirm???). The whole group of Norwood supporters were a bunch of halfwits and were a disgrace all night long. The guy had done his best to ignore them all night, but they kept having a go at Arnold, and I guess he'd had enough. That one girl who kept screaming could quite possibly be the most annoying fan to ever attend an ABL game. jimmy de bas, 20/08/06
GET A LIFE YOU TOSSPOT! THE TWO GIRLS IN THE CROWD ARE LOUD, BUT THEY SUPPORT THEIR TEAM, FAIR ENOUGH THERE WERE SOME COMMENTS MADE THAT WERE QUITE RUDE, BUT SERIOUSLY IF YOU DON'T WANNA DEAL WITH PEOPLE BEING LOUD AND SUPPORTING THEIR TEAM! THEN DONT GO TO THE BLOODY GAME!! PRETTY SIMPLE! AND GET TO KNOW THE FACTS!! I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE NIGHT AFTER THE GAME, BEING THE SUNDAY NIGHT, ALL THE PLAYERS HAD THE PRESENTATIONS AT THE GRAND. AND THOSE TWO GIRLS WERE THERE AND I SAW THEM TALKING AND LAUGHING WITH BOYS FROM BOTH TEAMS- INCLUDING SCOTT ARNALD!

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE- GET A GRIP OF YOURSELVES AND REALISE THAT ITS JUST A GAME!

Reply #93031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jimmy de bas you're an idiot.

norwood are a great team. look at where they have come over the past few seasons! the game was a great game on sat night. and if your cant deal with the fact that norwood have awesome players and supporting fans, then go home!

Reply #93032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stupidest post ever seen on this forum. find the CAPS LOCK key and smash your ugly face into it OK!??? was sitting nearby and clearly saw one of you slappers ('hot girls': funny stuff!) hitting a guy in the head!!

Reply #93033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

93031: The Norwood supporter needed to pull his head in. The Eagles supporter (ex norwood player) was not that serious.

"GET A GRIP OF YOURSELVES AND REALISE THAT ITS JUST A GAME" - It shouldnt be like a pt adelaide magpies footy match. A whole lot of people that cant play abusing those that can. Go and enjoy the game without being tossas.

Reply #93038 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

#93031 do you mean this forum, or this thread?

Reply #93039 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Until they switch off CAPS, who knows what they mean.

Reply #93041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately if you take Cooper, Todd Matthews and Robin Eley out of that team they would be back on the bottom of the ladder.

It is unfortunate they couldnt buy a championship this year. Lets hope they dont turn into the next centrals in the coming years.

There are only a couple of fans from Norwood that ruin it for everyone.

Reply #93043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#93033), im the 'slapper' that you so called saw hit that guy in the head.

I actually didnt hit him in the head, I grabed both the guys, by the shirts and tried to break them up!

but next time you want to call me a slapper?!?! say it to my face.

Reply #93045 | Report this post

parent  
Years ago

What about the Junior Supporters that were witnesses to this event. There is no need for this to be in our sport. At the Football they would be asked to leave, no Made to leave. This supposingly Adult Behaviour doesn't have to be witnessed by Junior Players, or any children at all. It is okay to support your club but surely you can use the appropriate language.

Reply #93046 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

How about we focus on what a seriously exciting game that was in the 4th quarter ?

Todd Matthews played his heart out. Ottey hit some big shots too .
Eley hit a big 3 .. only to be overshadowed by Mr Consistency Jason Dix !!

Was anyone else really impressed with the poise and control that Matt Sutton possessed at PG all night ??

Lets leave it at that .

Reply #93048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so skyhook, your not embarassed by you clubs supporters?

Reply #93051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#93051) its not just norwood supporters
lets not forget that the eagles supporters were just as bad in what they said about the flames players

Reply #93052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#93045, sure - what's your number? ;)

Reply #93054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

93045 do you want to make bets about whether or not you repeatedly struck that person in the head? (p.s. I have it on video).

Reply #93055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

93043, true but every team at ABL level has 3 players that if you took them out of the team they would struggle. Imagine taking Forman, Ng and Smylie out of sturt?

The central conference is a ordinary league and teams dont have any depth.

Reply #93058 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Forman, Maher and Smylie were taken out of Sturt and they managed to beat Forestville. ;)

Might make an interesting thread - which ABL side would be most competitive with three key players removed? You could take Hill, Holmes and Madgen from Eastern and they'd still have Davis, Bungey, Trebilcock.

Reply #93060 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

we have video!!!!!!!!! hello youtube

Reply #93061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

93060, and how many of those 3 played the majority of their junior career at their current club mmm...

Reply #93063 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Anon (#93051)

I have been associated with the norwood basketball club for almost 20 years now and i can say i have never been embarassed to say so . Nothing has changed since saturday . If you to pursue the issue of being embarassed feel free to post a name to your post and ill respond.

I was about 2 metres below where the altercation happened.

Seriously . It was a storm in a teacup . There was some angst between a young and foolish Norwood supporter and an ex-player who had enough of the ribbing of his mate and ex-norwood player Scott Arnold.

I should point out I am friends with both.

What the young Norwood supporter was saying was a bit out harsh(as was a lot of stuff said that night all over)- and the reaction from ex-player was probably out of character too. I would stress however, no-one was throwing punches and no-one was hurt.

A peripheral group of people stepped in when it was not really necessary.
There was a group of guys who responded to the situation sitting behind me that i did not recognize, but were clearly supporting the Flames during the game.

Clearly this is not a spectacle that anyone wishes to see at any sporting event. But lets be fair to all involved, it was a scuffle at best between two people who in the heat of the moment did not see eye to eye .
I can tell you there were enough sensible people in the area to ensure nothing un-toward occured.

Dealt with . Lets move on.

Reply #93064 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

93063 (err, 93060 was me...?) - which three? What's their junior club got to do with anything? If Sturt are paying Forman to play, isn't it a little less relevant where he played as a junior?

Reply #93067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, let's see the Two Bit Slapper, Slapper Video!

Reply #93068 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

YAWN.....

Reply #93069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is someone going to post a link to the youtube video, or was that all just talk?

Reply #93086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

take dix, sullivan, and sutton out of forestville and i gurantee they wont be anywhere near where they are. take hill, holmes and madgen out and they'll lose to norwood by 100 instead of 40. take ng, forman etc out of sturt they will struggle. of course norwood would struggle without coops, todd and eley. but so would other teams. what a stupid post

Reply #93087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know and have been friends with the so called Forestville supporter/ex norwood player that was involved in this scuffle for quite some time. To put an end to ths post, i just want to say that speaking to him after the game, it had nothing to do with the profanity and comments directed at Scott Arnold. Beleive me, he knows Scott Arnold can take care of himself. The scuffle started after the norwood supporter directed a profanity laced slur at the girlfriend of Scott Arnold. He had no issue with the comments directed at Arnold, but thought his girlfriend didn't deserve to be abused in the crowd. He grabbed the norwood supporter by the jacket and pulled him in to tell him to show a bit of respect to the girlfriend, and the brother of the norwood supporter stepped in and tried to grab the him. He reacted and grabbed him also and basically just held both of them down, when everybody else tried to get involved. The guy is a top bloke, friends with everyone at norwood and truly beleived the norwood supports over stepped the mark. It must have been pretty bad for him to turn on his own supports, which i guess is supported by the other posts in this topic.

Reply #93304 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:08 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754