Elbows
Years ago

AWESOME STATS!!!!!!!

David Cooper, I salute you! 36 rebounds surely would be an ABL record. The next best I can recall was Simon Kent getting 33 when he played for South. Does anyone have access to all time best stats?

Topic #8308 | Report this topic

52-Cans  
Years ago

Cooper was just absolutely nuts last night, scoring, passing, rebounding and blocking! He got some huge blocks, that guy is just dead sexy!

Reply #92831 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He had 17 rebounds at half-time and 49 HSA. Had a bit of a lull in the third when Krause was cleaning the boards a bit more, and then dominated after that.

Nice block and tip-jam in the first quarter too. Definitely played a great game.

Reply #92833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

19 points and 9 assists also i think

Reply #92863 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Remember a SEABL import back in the day going for 40+ boards.

Not saying that 36 aint good but back then imports regularly averaged 40 and 20.

Reply #92915 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Isaac, what is the record-high HSA ever recorded since the beginning of HoopsSA records? 94.5 would surely be it? That is a truly remarkable individual performance...

Reply #93022 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes. Previous high was Scanlon's 82.5 this year (51/8/4 and 7 steals) or Sutton's 72.5 (35/8/10), etc.

Best performances of 2006

Best in 2005 was Dix's 72 (33/16/8). Women haven't topped 70 in the last couple of years, though there have been a few games in the sixties.

The same calculation is used by The Sporting News in their calculations for a fantasy competition with NBA players. Chris Webber had a few 80s in his prime and Shaq once broke or got close to 100. They allocate +10 for a triple-double which would've boosted a few games in the ABL - e.g., Smylie's TD and a couple by Holmes.

Reply #93026 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Isaac,

Have been meaning to ask this for a while but never quite got around to it: what was Wilt's HSA in his 100-point game?

Reply #93525 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Bo,

124 HSA, but this excludes turnovers (-1 for each) as well as steals & blocks (2.5 each) as they weren't recorded back in the day.

I dare say Wilt's block & steal totals would have boosted his total HSA towards 150, if reports on his shot blocking prowess are true.

Reply #93539 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Thanks Hoop Addict.

Anytime I read the words "Wilt" and "prowess" in the same sentence it's usually about something else.

My next question is: can you do an average HSA, ie a HSA based on a player's averages throughout a season?

And if you can, what HSA would have Wilt averaged in the 61-62 season (link to his year-by-year stats here)?

Or Oscar Robertson in the year he averaged a triple-double? (His stats available here - did I read somewhere else on this forum that you get a bonus +10 HSA points if you get a triple double?)

Reply #93544 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Firsty, Isaac mentioned Shaq having a 100+ HSA game early in his career. It was this game against New Jersey in the 93/94 season. 114.5 HSA total, including the 10 point triple double bonus.

Bo,

Yes, you can just apply their averages to the same formula.

Wilt's average HSA for the 61-62 season was 77.3, again, not including steals, blocks or turnovers.

If you include the 10 point triple double bonus in Oscar's total figures, his HSA average for the 61-62 season would be 74.1.

Reply #93557 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:58 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754