Johnny Sack
Years ago

Fiba.com... embarrasing...

FIBA.com is running bare bones (if at all) due to lack of bandwidth relative to hits... admittedly it is probably due to millions of Chinese following their team (and the US team), but still... If FIBA want basketball to be taken seriously as an International sport - this is the wrong way to go about it... It's good due to the fact that there is clearly a lot of interest - but on the downside it indicates some degree ineptness... Are other people in OZ having problems (i'm in Japan - so they may be restricting my access in favor of other countries... just a guess here...)...

Topic #8309 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Speaking of "embarrasing" - how abouth my spelling and grammar... thought i'd get that in before some other wag...

Reply #92819 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Tried the fiba site and got this rubbish

"Welcome to fiba.com

Due to an extremely high amount of user, our website is currently unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience"

Just great....... not even the governing body of the sport can get things right for the World Championships.

Reply #92822 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

No, I'm having trouble too. Your right though, you would think that during the World Championships they would be able to provide for everyone interested.

Reply #92823 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

So has anyone signed up for the streaming live games? And not been able to access due to these problems - or perhaps most/all of there bandwith has been dedicated to those users?

Reply #92826 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Props to FIBA - it looks to be sorted...

Reply #92834 | Report this post

Simon  
Years ago

Well if you want to talk about dodgy, If you got through a link on US site eg the NBA.com you get through no worries.

Seams if your from the USA you get a higher priotity to see the content.

There is not much there anyway, just box scores, no video high-lights, unless you want to pay for it.

I've seen pox scores etc on other aussie sites like www.aussiebball.com

Reply #92930 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:39 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754