Curious
Years ago

Trial Numbers??

Now that every one has had there trials, just wondering what clubs got. The main reason is to be nosey but also interested to see if basketball numbers are increasing at the various clubs and basketball in general.

Topic #8312 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

South under 18 boys had around 60-70 boys come out today

Reply #92842 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

eagles had 72 in 14 boys

Reply #92846 | Report this post

wdville balla  
Years ago

woodville had a pathetic 15 turn out 2 under 20s

Reply #92855 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

has anyone heard about the paents in 14 girls at eagles? because of Boti leaving some parents are thinknig about a switch of clubs!thats just a rumour though,can anyone set me straight

Reply #92858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All those guys who cant get decent minutes in other clubs but feel they have what it takes should go to woodville trials seeing as they have a real shortage in numbers. They do have talent but just lack depth.

Reply #92861 | Report this post

Down and Out  
Years ago

Kevin Brooks is Woodville Boys Junior Development Officer. Sporting Pulse shows that no Woodville boys Friday night team will play finals this season. Is it probable that a local person who had the clubs interest at heart, may have delivered more than a high profile person enroute to greater heights?

Reply #92867 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

thats a very good point you make there,kevin has given alot to basketball sa,well done to him!

Reply #92868 | Report this post

JKIDD#5  
Years ago

YEAHHHH WOODVILLE U18s with 1 new player in the whole group......... the futures bright for woodville

Reply #92869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

perhaps KB was more interested in the money he could earn - his heart is in his wallet first basketball second

Woodville will be much better without him.

Reply #92887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

92887, that is soo funny. The guy played 2 or 3 years in the NBA that would be minimum $400K a year.

+ about 7 or 8 years NBL. Minimum $200K a year. Yer that $5 to $10 K he would have got for junior coaching would have lined his pockets!

Reply #92892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#92892 in context KB puts his wallet before basketball

Reply #92894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

poor Gav kargins... With those numbers would woodville even be putting a div 1 team in?

Reply #92907 | Report this post

Elbows  
Years ago

The Awnser, I'd be interested to hear what you think Brooks has done for S.A. basketball in a coaching capacity. In his first year, he inherited the structure and the players that Tracy York had put in place. In his second year, when it was all his own work, first place became sixth place, plus a quality player left, and some who stayed were not happy. Plus ,as Down and Out pointed out, in his role as Junior development officer, he didn't deliver success or new recruits.

Reply #92931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any word on South's numbers? Saw their add in the paper on the weekend and wondered whether it worked?

Reply #92957 | Report this post

ewrtyuo  
Years ago

great another woodville bashing post.... how about the numbers at centrals and eastern, doubt they had massive. god sake give it a rest. And is poaching still against the rules? doesnt seem so considering west are taking a people out for meals?

Reply #92959 | Report this post

the rex  
Years ago

brooksie is a legend

Reply #92969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville had a small turn out for their first trial in under 20s. This gives a chance for a lot of players for whatever reason have not made div 1. If players think they are good enough to mix it with the best but have not had the chance go to Woodville's trials and it could be the chance you are looking for. It is a path to the reserves and ABL. Under 20s trials are on Sunday 27th at the Dome.

Reply #92988 | Report this post

White elephant  
Years ago

(Mod: Zzz.)

Reply #92991 | Report this post

woodville wannabe  
Years ago

Okay, only make posts relevant to white elephant. A forum site which only has strict boundaries into which topics they can and can't discuss.

You know it's funny white elephant, myself and a couple of others are actually interested in trialling now at woodville from this thread..

Reply #92993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Eastern even having a 20's team?

Reply #93002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White Elephant - I'd say a post about the numbers out to trials for a under 20s div 1 side is alot more relevant and decent thread then some of the others on this site. If you your not interested then its simple....don't post.

Reply #93074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Eastern having any teams???

Reply #93075 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

hear people moan about not getting court time at the club i am at
they carry on how good they think they are like i say you dont have to play here if you dont want so to all moaners hey go out to woodville or mavs or whereever have a go back yourselves or forever hold your piece
be loyal to your club or move on
be moaners no more-
me i happy playng div 2

Reply #93141 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

piece? its basketball not chess...

Reply #93148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's wrong with wanting an opportunity to show what you've got?

Reply #93157 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

Im guessing Southern, Forestville and West are looking at favourites for the upcoming season U20 Div1?

Reply #93169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it will be one of the most even competitions in years

Reply #93178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

about time people got there facts straight. woodville is not struugling THAT much for numbers. we are weak in 20s. but in 18s we will have 4 teams. get off woodvilles back

Reply #93392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sure wooville is short on numbers but doesn't really matter as long as you enter a team in div1.

Reply #94122 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

Out of interest, will Dodman and Molitor be playing this season in the 1's still with other commitments i.e. Academy and 36ers.

Reply #94200 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Nah they'll be dropped to the 2's. What do reckon if they at all they'll play 1's.

Reply #94205 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

At the risk of jumping into this debate a week after it's all said and done I'd be surprised if KB was doing it for the money. My understanding is he played 5 years in the NBA which makes him eligible for the NBA pension which kicks in at 40 (3 or 4 more years?) at which times he's on over US$100k for the rest of his life.

If he was in it for the money I'm sure he could find something more lucritive than junior coaching with his background.

Reply #94695 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754