Rueben
Years ago

Halls/Woollacott Results

Darren Ng and Sam Woosnam got the main awards, who got votes for MVP performance on the night though?

Topic #8315 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Kelson maybe again? Open shirt, tie, and tiny shorts?

Erin Lorenzini was leading by about 5 in the Halls for a good part of the night before Woosnam reeled her in at the end to win by 1 vote I think it was. All-Star Five, from memory, was:

Hurst
Lindsay
Lorenzini
Woosnam
Beatty

(Anyone concur?)

Men's vote looked even early - after a few rounds, Hambour led Ng by one.

Ng ended up on 50, while Dix was second with 35 or 38? Scanlon a couple behind him I think.

All-Star Five was:

Zorich
Ng
Hill
Dix
Cooper

Coach of the Year went to Symons in the Women and Bauer in the men. Refs were Welbourne and Haines. Merit award to Colin Thompson.

Reply #92888 | Report this post

odds  
Years ago

Dix got 38

Reply #92896 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Did the photographer of DAMROB attend last night? will we be able to see what the players look like off the court?

Reply #92898 | Report this post

anon2  
Years ago

not sure but there were many photographs up on the projector last night, can we access them on the web???

Reply #92899 | Report this post

damrob  
Years ago

Damrob did attend the Halls/Woollacott Medal count last night.

Photos from the slideshow are online at www.damrob.com.au.

Photos from last night should be online later this afternoon.

Reply #92900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought Scanlon was very unlucky not to get all-star 5. Ng was better as the 2 guard but thought he should of been ahead of Brad Hill at the 3. Especially since Hill played point most of the year.

Reply #92905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone have the list for top ten for men and women?

Reply #92908 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Good work Ng and Sam!
2 worthy winners in a close competition...

Reply #92912 | Report this post

Ninja Rock  
Years ago

Darren got 50 out of a possible 66 votes! That makes it an average of about 2.3 votes every game! Awesome effort.

Well done to Sam and bad luck to Erin. Jo Hill probably stole too many votes in the second half of the season which meant Sam just pipped her.

Reply #92913 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

actually the all star 5 for the women was hurst, lindsay, browne, woosnam and beaty.

Reply #92933 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

whats this about kelsons performance again??????

Reply #92934 | Report this post

damrob  
Years ago

Photos from the Halls Woollacott dinner are now online at www.damrob.com.au

or direct link

http://www.damrob.com.au/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=19724

Reply #92937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who was the all star 5 player that got a VIP ride home with the boys in blue -

Reply #92940 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

if your talkin about the ride at the end of the night... that was funny as... guy that size could have atleast thrown a punch instead of tackling the poor dude

Reply #92942 | Report this post

congrats to all winners. When is the defensive player of the year annouced?

Reply #92947 | Report this post

rabbit  
Years ago

yes, it was David Cooper.

Reply #92948 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

David Cooper was Defensive Player of the Year or All-Star 5 player that got VIP ride home with the boys in blue? Or both?

Reply #92949 | Report this post

Erin rocks and it will only be a matter of time !

Reply #92956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leave Cooper out of this rubbish.

He was the first to leave, with his partner. Be very careful about what you write, rabbit. Joke or not.

Most people don't know what to believe.

Reply #92958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think rabbit was referring to the defensive player of the year for Cooper.

Reply #92960 | Report this post

anomymous  
Years ago

No it was actually the canadian bombshell who got the free ride

Reply #92979 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cooper and Kelson got DPOTY. Lorenzini and Hill got the U21 medals. Browne and Ng got the POTY (voted by peers) awards I think.

Reply #92980 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I want to know who was the lady that Jason Dix had his picture taken with?

Reply #92981 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Oops, I posted under the wrong thread.

Who's the silly dickhead now then hey Mr Riggs. (Sth African accent from Lethal Weapon 2)

Reply #92982 | Report this post

I thought during the count they should've put the individual teams up with their player count as well....they use to do this going back a few years - this would keep everyone interested and fill in the gaps, the 3 vote count was a little quick, perhaps few commnts made on that game eg Ng rolls for 51 etc....great job by Rees and Boobie

Reply #92987 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed. Quick recap of the highlights of each round, similar to the way it's done in the Brownlow. But would there be enough time?

Reply #92989 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

HEY ANYONE GOT ANY GOSS FROM THE NIGHT?

Reply #92990 | Report this post

one would think so, I remember (minimal to say the least) that there would be enough time to do this or show the teams count etc, maybe some tunes instead of nothing between counts, not even the infamous Mark Davis interviews done at the favorites table, or even the grand final coaches having a little say before the big game.....
Can anyone at admin level post the teams vote getters?????

Reply #92995 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

the annual Billy Hopkins "Shitfaced Award" was a tie between Doug Hudson and Brad Davis.

Reply #92998 | Report this post

munseahawk  
Years ago

I've looking at the women's awards on the Central ABL site and have 1 question. What is the difference between the Halls Medal and the BankSA Player of the Year award?

Reply #93025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe the Halls and Woollacott is voted on by the refs with a 3-2-1 after each game. Whereas the Player of the Year is voted by the players/coaches. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reply #93029 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

As noted above, a full list of award winners is available on the Central ABL web site.

Reply #93034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even in a list from an awards night Paul Welbourn is surrounded by a bunch of ABL Girls; just like every Saturday night!!

Much love to ya mate, well done on the award.

Next kiss won't be on the cheek tho.

Reply #93037 | Report this post

anomymous  
Years ago

It would be good if BASA could put all the votes up on their web site in a simple spreadsheet

Reply #93044 | Report this post

it would be good but it might take some organisation and effort

Reply #93047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

heh Lloyd maybe brad davis prize could be a jar of hair product ;-)

Reply #93049 | Report this post

stockton  
Years ago

Somewhat disappointed not be the outright winner of the prestigious Billy Hopkins award. All I can say is Davis must have put in a hell of an effort cos I thought I had that in the bag. Must have lost some votes by spilling the drink on Lloyd Braun. Sorry champ, at least it wasn't red wine. Look out for me next year. I'll try to be in peak form again, although it won't be my birthday. Stockton out.

Reply #93053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought young Tristan polled well and had 25 votes on the projector on the night, but wasnt even in the top ten on the aba website

Reply #93057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

heh arnie when will the individual teams vote getters list be out???

Reply #93059 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Doug E Fresh, ur my boy blue. Way to be slaughtered in the grand, dont think i saw you without a paro smile once haha

Reply #93080 | Report this post

stockton  
Years ago

You know it Ricey. Turning 22 on the same night somewhat helped my party mode though. Just glad that the Panthers boys recovered well enough to bring their game face last night and pull of a win in reserves. Well done lads. We have kept up our fine tradition of drinking and complimented it with a grand final placing. Still paro smiling, stockton. P.S. I apologize to Arnie for the alias stockton, I realise I cannot shoot but I started posting in this forum as him and cannot change now unless you give me a better suggestion.

Reply #93214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone have a list of all the votes?

Reply #599005 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754