Isaac
Years ago

Robin Eley - life away from the arc

ABL players, coaches and fans would be familiar with Norwood Flames guard Robin Eley, the shooter allergic to stepping inside the three-point line(!).

What many may not be aware of is Eley's career as an illustrator.

A picture says a thousand words, so I'm just going to link to his site and you can browse around.

www.RobinEley.com

My brother showed me the site a while back and Robin's just reworked and released it today. As you'll read on the site, his work has been included in Mens Fitness, The Wall Street Journal, XXL, etc.

Have a look and see what you think.

Topic #8375 | Report this topic

The Early Bird  
Years ago

Damn he is good. Some great artwork

Reply #93501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this stuff is great, well done mate

Reply #93508 | Report this post

Pacey  
Years ago

get some hoop portraits on there and ill buy a heap. Amazing work

Reply #93509 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

One of his pencil sketches was chosen for the cover of a Pembroke School yearbook many years ago. You would be amazed if you saw it.

The guy has world class skills.

Good post Isaac.

Reply #93526 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Man he is awesome

Reply #93546 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

great post isaac

Reply #93547 | Report this post

trix  
Years ago

Not sure if Robin looks at this site, however I didn't know he had such a skill outside of his shooting.....
Well done Robin and all the best

Be careful though because I did here John Lawrence was going to start his own illustrator website too......

Reply #93554 | Report this post

rasheed36  
Years ago

I saw the picture of 50 cent he did in xxl mag. it was some nice work to say the least!

Reply #93555 | Report this post

njh  
Years ago

"One of his pencil sketches was chosen for the cover of a Pembroke School yearbook many years ago. You would be amazed if you saw it."

I agree, I still have that yearbook, and its an amazing picture... might try and scan it and put it up.

Reply #93560 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

What year did you finish njh ?

I think that was the 1995 yearbook ?

Reply #93569 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yeah, but the student's out of proportion with the rest of the bus in the year book sketch!!! Still pretty good for a 16 year old.

He's did an amazing picture of Jordan when he (Robin) was at collage in the States, Jordan was in Santa Barbara helping at a basketball camp that Robin was and he got his picture signed, it's all framed up and has got an NBA Authenticity certificate to go with it, must be worth a fortune but imagine the sentimental value.

Seeing his stuff on the internet doesn't even do it justice.

Reply #93571 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Knew you'd respond to this post billo.

But since you are a self-proclaimed spelling Nazi, I'll have to request you explain if you intended the pun that artist Robin Ely went to collage in the States?

Reply #93573 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Sure, I'll go with that!!

Reply #93584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't look like he has time to practise inside the three point. He has a great career ahead of him so i don't think he will mind too much.

Reply #93610 | Report this post

njh  
Years ago

graduated in 2000 skyhook

Reply #93671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolute mind blowing talent!! It's amazing how someone can have some awesome abilities. Beautiful, unexplainable work!

Reply #94226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just wanted to send a thank you to everyone who has taken the time to visit my website and look at my work. Also to those who have posted comments on this site, your feedback and compliments are greatly appreciated. Thanks too to Isaac for the posting the thread (it was good to finally meet you on the weekend). If anyone ever has any comments or question feel free to contact me via email, [email protected]. Thanks all, Robin.

Reply #94285 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

ABC TV ( statewide ) ran the story tonite - awesome.
The inspiration for basketball still burned.

Reply #293415 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:07 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754