Iliketoeateagles
Years ago

ABL Grand Final Footage

Just inquiring where it is possible to purchase a copy of the women's or men's grand final tapes?

Just quietly... that women's game is something i could watch over and over again!
Don't know what Boti was watching cos from where i was sitting the game looked pretty bloody sweet!

Topic #8421 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously a sturt supporter, as an basketball fan with no allegance there was no emotion in the game, sturt had it won at 1/4 time.

But there mens game was close all the way through, that is a real game.

Reply #93995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was actually appalled at Boti's article. I felt his comments left a lot to be desired. To talk down what is the pinnacle game of the season at a time when basketball is trying to revitalise the sport did none of us any favours. Even if the game was over by ΒΌ time there were still plenty of positives he could have concentrated on. Apart from the great game by the Sturt "home grown" girls other positives he could have focused on include:

" The connection of hard work at the Junior level showing up in senior results (is it just a coincidence that the two clubs leading the way at the Junior level were fighting it out in both mens and womens seniors  surely there is a positive message here even if Boti has departed company with both!!  or maybe that's another coincidence)
" the great turn out of junior player from both clubs there in their club gear to support the seniors (well done to both clubs);
" the attendance figures for the game  appeared to be a reasonable crowd.

The negative attitude in the article is something basketball in this State does not need.

Reply #94074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What article, when??

Reply #94080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mondays tiser. Suggested that people needed no doz to watch the game.

Reply #94099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

boti dont go and diss the clubs because u didnt get ur job maybe u could help tigers

Reply #94105 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i went as neutral spectator and really both games lacked any spark. certainly bowley speech had more venon than the game good on her

but take darren out of game - be asleep - bring on the real stuff

Reply #94142 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

mmm, Bowley's speech about "Hometown Heroes" was a bit rich.

Many comments bandied about after that.

Shirt slogans should've read "Former Junior recruited from another club"

Only problem is it wouldn't fit on the shirts.

Reply #94157 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754