DB5
Years ago

Warriors ditch coach, bring in 'The Don'

Golden State Warriors have bought out Mike Montgomery's contract and have added an old favourite Don Nelson as their new Head Coach.
More here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2565022

Thoughts people..is this a good move or bad?

Topic #8439 | Report this topic

box me out  
Years ago

Something isn't clicking in Golden State, maybe it's a good move..

Reply #94196 | Report this post

Kobe8  
Years ago

I thought something was no longer clicking in Don Nelson...he mustve had a pretty intense medical check before this deal went down. I seriously believed his health was detrioating!

Reply #94204 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Apparently he was recovering well but knew that Dallas wanted Avery Johnson as coach..so he stepped aside last year doing some scouting and being paid his coaches salary..a cool $5 mill for last year, and is still on their books for $250k per year for the next 5 seasons.
Great life hey!

Reply #94207 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

the only warriors are woodvile and they aint ditch there coach - he gone to bigger better - go KB

Reply #94299 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

They should have hired Don Monson, he would have been heaps cheaper.

Reply #94328 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

But Monson would be way to grumpy! Remember when he called a timout against Canberra down 19-0 and called the guys a bunch of girls or something to that effect!

Reply #94479 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754