lockstock
Years ago

Reserves GF's last night

Does anyone know last night's results and can give a rundown of the games (I'm particularly intersted in hearing about the mens game)? Cheers

Topic #8441 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Here's what I wrote about the men's game in another thread:

Went out to see the men's reserves game and it was pretty entertaining. Marcus Ng had some amazing moves in the first half. Todd Smyth hit some tough shots as both teams were neck and neck for much of the game. McKenzie struggled with his shot for much of the game, and then came good near the end, hitting a three or two, and 4/4 FT. Sturt were down in the final minute, Vaughan hit a three and then a foot-on-the-line two in a quick passage of play, before the Panthers staved them off with free throws.
South won 66-62.

Reply #94210 | Report this post

The Post  
Years ago

Sturt's post play didnt seem as effective as the semi final 2 weeks earlier, where they dominated, and their pressure defense (which included a large amount of zone) was rarely seen last night.
South's game returned to the form which saw them dominate most teams this season, lots of run and gun, and excellent post entry, dish, and plenty of range. South playing at their peak was the only team going to get close to sturt, who only lost twice the whole season.

Reply #94215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North Women won the womens.. Comfortable win that provided an enjoyable game to watch!

Reply #94222 | Report this post

Panther Boy  
Years ago

South were brilliant. Defensively they were guns. I reckon they might be the greatest reserves team ever assembled. "The post" you are very smart to notice Souths brilliant post dominace, the way they pound the ball inside is fantastic. Sturt were tough but South were always going to win the game. After the first quarter they made the defensive adjustments needed and kept sturt out of the paint. While Sturts regular season record suggests they were the best team all year South were clearly going to win from day one of the season. They lost to sturt in round one by 3 points and beat them in round 2 by 12.
Panther Pride baby

Reply #94263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt are soft.....

Reply #94264 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

didnt the local heroes win ???
south must be full of none local boys - be the next moan i hear from down pasadena way

Reply #94301 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:01 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754