Rallygirl
Years ago

Dix retiring?

Heard a rumour that Jason Dix was retiring, is this due to Kylie retiring?

Topic #8452 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Was posted previously that they both retired...
http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/8428/

Reply #94365 | Report this post

Rallygirl  
Years ago

but he's still got a couple of years left in him!! That is a tragedy for basketball....

Reply #94367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tragedy for basketball?

Like when Magic got aids, Jordan retired or the Wallace vs Artest.

I reckon the game might bounce back from this tragedy.

Reply #94368 | Report this post

hair transplant  
Years ago

I have it on good authority, that dix will retire only when theres no more hair on his head. Which is why this debate has come up every year since he was 14.

Reply #94380 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

This announcement made it on the Sudan National 3 news last night. I can't believe it, say it isn't so Dixy.......I'm pleading with you!!

I've been so cut up by the news I haven't been able attend work for the last 3 days.

Come on Dixy, 2 more years. What are all the people with no life going to do on a Saturday night during the winter now!

This is a tragedy......Dixy please tell us why......WHY?

Reply #94381 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I think its good that he goes out on his own terms. His last game was a winning championship game.
Many players arent given that opportunity.

Good on him .

Reply #94382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I swear in his acceptance speech last saturday night that he said "I've played in 5 ABA grand finals - I have lost 3 and now I have won 2. Hopefully we can level it up next year!"

To me that sounds like he was going to play on? Unless he changed his mind later on?

Reply #94398 | Report this post

Psulo  
Years ago

Boyz, he has retired , trust me.He is tired and looking forward to life after basketball.I would love to think we can change his mind , but I think it is a done deal

Reply #94452 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Don't do it Dixy......Please!

Reply #94459 | Report this post

Bill Jones  
Years ago

It is a done deal. Done and dusted. Move on people. Watch out for a new local wrestler in the state wrestling league, who calls himself "Freakzilla". I know he is keeping himself pretty nimble, and in-fact is partial to a good figure eight leg lock, and the odd pole driver. He'll be the guy wearing a full length green lycra bodysuit, with the arse cheeks cut out... watch this space!!!

Reply #94462 | Report this post

Gene Banks  
Years ago

Get over it Manute!

Bahh!

Reply #94464 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From The Advertiser

JASON Dix, South Australia's top domestic basketballer of the past decade, may be playing his final game today in Newcastle for Forestville.

Dix, 31, told team-mates on Monday this would be his last week on the training track and he would be hanging up his boots after the BankSA League champion's run at the Australian Basketball Association playoffs concludes.

Reply #94482 | Report this post

Years ago

Obviously he wanted to go out on his own terms, and what better way than a championship, but surely he'd have some good years left being only 31.

Reply #94523 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:36 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754