hoops.com
Years ago

Spain vs Greece, whats your tips!

Fiba GrandFinal - Spain vs Greece.

WHATS YOUR TIPS. Few big names in both line-ups so it should be a good match, im tipping Greece to win though,especially if they play like they did against the US.

Topic #8479 | Report this topic

billups1  
Years ago

definately greece, especially with there startin pg who was knocking donw everythin against usa and there massive C european baby shaq dude, he is only 20 i think so he could yet be drafted in the NBA, seemed to remind me of traylor in the NBA, ne one agree?

Reply #94664 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Greece. Gasol is injured and that's a massive dent in Spain's scoring and their offensive mobility.

Reply #94669 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Half time score and summary below

Greece getting pumped 43-20. Baby Shaq on 3 fouls and not contributing, Pau Gasol's brother has shut him right down. Navarro is playing well for Spain but was on the bench the last 5 minutes or so of the half when Spain pushed their lead.

Greece were down 16-35, scored 2 free throws then got a breakaway dunk to bring it to 35-20 and looked to have momentum but it's been all Spain since then, the 3 on the half time buzzer was the icing on the cake.

Looks like Greece used up all their juice against the states, can't see them coming back from here, hope they do though and make it tight.

Reply #94671 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Game over. Spain comfortable winners 47-70. Pretty average game to watch actually, Greece just couldn't get anything to happen, at no point did they look like coming close. Navarro 20 points for Spain and Garbajosa 20 as well including 5 threes (I think).

Baby Shaq 2 points and no impact. Greece looked nothing like the team that scored over 100 against the states, offense was stagnent, just didn't happen, Spain defended the pick and roll to perfection and thier plan B didn't happen.

Reply #94676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats amazing greece had been very tight all tourney

Reply #94681 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

Sofaklis Schortzanitis (spelling?) has already been drafted, by the Clippers in about 2003 ... and when he was about 65-70lbs lighter.

Reply #94691 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Sofaklis is an absolute monster, I think he's only about 6-9 (only!!) but he's something like 330 pounds, massive frame, huge arse. One of the first things I thought when I saw him is that he'd be a great ultimate fighter, for a guy his size he's incredibly quick and agile, he's short for an NBA centre but I think he'd certainly have something different to offer a team off the bench (despite him playing crap today).

If Heal's effort against the septics was enough to get him some court time with the T-Wolves then baby Shaq's effort in the semi will probably do likewise, that's if he even wants to move away to an inferior league after spending time in the mighty Euroleague!!!!

Reply #94694 | Report this post

GO AUSTRALIA..CHICKA WUVS THE AUSSIES!!
CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARN YOU AUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #94727 | Report this post

Years ago

Final Score - Gold Medal Game
Spain 70 defeated
Greece 47

Final Stadings - 2006 FIBA World Championships (Men)

1 - Spain
2 - Greece
3 - USA
4 - Argentina
5 - France
6 - Turkey
7 - Lithuania
8 - Germany
9 - Angola
10 - Australia
11 - China
12 - Italy
13 - New Zealand
14 - Nigeria
15 - Serbia & Montenegro
16 - Slovenia
17 - Brazil
18 - Japan
19 - Lebanon
20 - Puerto Rico
21 - Panama
22 - Qatar
23 - Senegal
24 - Venezuela

So let's not kid ourselves Australia. We have a LONG way to go before we are considered anything special in the basketball world.

Reply #94751 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:56 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754