Elbows
Years ago

Claytons Programme

Senior news on sporting pulse states that the new season starts tonight, and that the official source of the programme will only be sporting pulse. When one clicks on to div 3 fixture, it only gives info of last seasons finals. Ahhh BSA, terrible one day, worse the next!

Topic #8491 | Report this topic

wowza  
Years ago

Try Clicking on the METRO League .

lol..oops

Reply #94769 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Elbows,

Feel free to speak to your club secretary if you have any problems, rather than criticise BSA publicly and anonymously.

Reply #94802 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Sorry Paul, but why would ppl start doing that now... they've always bitched on here. 1 Phone call vs bitching on Hoops - don't like your chances, but good luck.

Reply #94832 | Report this post

Parents  
Years ago

Paul,

How about you stop reading and posting on the forum and get the junior programmes done. Why are they not out yet? A master programme could have been done weeks ago!! There are a lot of pissed off parents and coaches out there. I see nothing has changed in the new structure.

Reply #94835 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Parents

The message was posted at 8.42 pm!!!
I assume you were still at work then!!
Dont be an arse.

Reply #94836 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

Parents

why don't you stop bitching on here.

you do not know if Paul does indeed read the forum, just because he has replied to a post does not necessarily mean he has read each and every post.

it does mean he has had a post brought to his attention and he has replied to said post.

since we live in a democratic society we can also not dictate what anyone does in their spare time.

Paul Arnott if you opened your f##### eyes posted at 20:52 Monday night which by my standards is his own time.

By what right do you have to say when Paul can read or not read or post on the forum in his own time.

pissed off parents and coaches - you don't take into account the upheaval BASA now BSA offices have had to go through recently, NO, you don't and you'll say it isn't your fault - maybe maybe not however these people till recently didn't know if they had jobs and if they did what they would be.

Besides the biggest reason junior programs change is clubs keep changing teams around

get your club in order first and again as Paul said if you have a complaint take it up through the correct channel.

don't get on here and namelessly bitch

Keep up the good work Paul don't let the turkeys get you down.

Reply #94840 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

To the clowns "Elbows" & "Parents" getting stuck in to Paul, why dont you swap jobs with him for a while?

Give him a call at the DHD, but i doubt he'll have time to answer it as he's flat out!

BTW, Has Colin Thompson retired yet? If so, Paul's job has got harder.

Same shit happens at club level - people bitch and moan but dont chip in. if you're not part of the solution then your part of the problem.

Reply #94847 | Report this post

Parents  
Years ago

What a load of crap. In any professional business environment people work until deadlines are reached. This is the problem that people keep making excuses for this incompetant him no problems and do it a lot better. As previously stated, there is no reason why the finals program can be done weeks ago, so that people can work where they are playing. Teams can be inserted closer to the date. I have nothing against Paul, just sick of hearing excuses why programs are never done on time. Tony, how are teams changing around affecting a master copy of a finals schedule. Upheavel and change? ok, so whats been the excuse for the last 10 years? excuses, excuses!!

Reply #94854 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

Parents.

having been invovled over times rostering people it is a logistical nightmare.

ok they can have a master program
set up for grades abc playing at stadiums def

but guess what, pasadena at the moment would create a problem. where to roster?

for example now if there is a possiblity (and I don't know) that wayville and dome might not be used for juniors, hypothetically, wayville pulls plug due to money repayment problems and eddie decides to utilise his stadium for something else. what does that do for your master program.

port adelaide is closing, rostering there could be a problem.

unlike your bitching nothing is black and white

i'm sure everyone concerned would love a master program similar number of teams in similar number of grades playing at set stadiums.

but you are obviously and expert and can get it done why don't you offer your obvious (insert very heavy scarasm here) talents.

but then you see things in black and white and unfortunately the world is painted grey.

Reply #94857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tony,

Sorry, but I have to agree with Parent.

Paul would have known that Wayville is out for the finals due to this being the case every year. This would be in a master copy.

So he needs to find 3 courts for Pas. I am sure that M/valle has not been used in previous years, and therefore would easily have 3 games per evening planted in the stadium.

The only real difference in the U14 Boys and Girls who are playing finals at other times due to Nationals. So all he needed to do is move these into free courts on the evenings that they a\have already played.

Should not be so hard. And I thought June McKensie was now the assistance programs officer, so having 2 people to do a job that was done by 1 person previously should mean a better service not a worse.

Reply #94860 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

Even if these finals programs were out, I would put money on them still not being good enough for you "Parents"
You would find something else to complain about... "Why can't I get my kids at the same stadium" "Why do they have to be at the same time at different venues"
I think a relaxation pill is in order so you can sit back and watch your kids play the game they love!

Reply #94868 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

People how exactly are we supposed to know what time someone posts?

Reply #94869 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sidebar, recent posts will tell you for some of them.

Reply #94871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if Paul were posting in work time I think he would have the right to do so. Hoops has become a great source of information (when sorted from the random crap and rumours that sometime emerges) and also an great place for basketball people to express their ideas, opinions and frustrations. He would not being doing his job properly if he did not check this site regularly!

Reply #94878 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

I can see the picture now, you know the skeleton at the table covered in cobwebs.

That would be Paul Arnott - if 'parents' had his/her way. Paul would die at his desk slaving away 24/7 no food, no drink, no checking hoops, no life, no other deadlines or work.

Reply #94898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tony,

Setting up a finals format is a 1 hr job. And could be done anytime.

Entering the teams is pretty much the same.

Not too much to ask.

Reply #94902 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

"Setting up a finals format is a 1 hr job."

#94902, you have just proved how little you understand.

Reply #94908 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

(#94902)

i can say i'm astounded by your ignorance but unfortunately i'm not

Reply #94910 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I'm guessing Parents was beaten by Paul for the programming job, and so now has to bitch and moan on here in a futile and pathetic attempt to discredit him.

Anyone in a professional business would know there are OH&S matters that have to be addressed, such as suitable breaks, limits to work hours etc. But no, we can't expect those rules to apply now, can we.

Anyone in a professional job would also know there are proper and formal avenues to lodge a complaint, rather than post anonymously on a web forum.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of a good old fashioned bitch fest??

Reply #94927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not wishing to add fuel to the fire as I do appreciate the commitment of people like Paul BUT have to agree that some notice would have been nice given 2nd round of finals is being played on Sunday!!

Reply #94930 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Yogee,

Can i ask, in a non-inflamatory way,
why the Seniors Summer season started one week after the GF was played ?
We are getting old and a break would have been good.

Was the thinking to play as many games prior to X-mas or something else completely ?

Yogee ? anyone know?

Reply #94933 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

Re. Port Adelaide closure (Tony Blair 94857). Can someone fill me in? Hadn't heard about it till I read this post.

Reply #94943 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Skyhook, why ask me?? I'm not the programming officer, why dont you ring BSA and ask Paul?

Reply #94947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You seem to know it all Yogee you tool.

Reply #94949 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I just thought you might have some knowledge on the subject . You seem to comment on a lot of things on here , that's all.

I dont think all of the criticism on here is misdirected either.

Reply #94987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tony and Cat,

They already have a program from last year! All they needed to do was copy it and make changes where necessary, due to courts and competition changes.!

The court changes would be Pas out. The comp changes wqould be maybe an extra 18 Mens comp. So move the Pas games to an open court for the first 2 rounds and copy the others.

And NO, the program does not take into account trying to organise 2 North teams playing at Hillcrest. Nor trying to spread out the comp evenly between stadiums. Not to mention the mistakes made.

So for all the people who want to suck up. It is now 2 out of 2 for bad programming. State Champs and now finals.

Reply #95002 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:46 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754