Anonymous
Years ago

Norwood ABL whinge: trying to buy $$$$$$$

norwood stop blaming everybody else,the lightning players dont want to play for you.there are better places to play and better coaches else where.stop throwing your money around like theres no tomorrow

(Mod: Title fixed. Try something more descriptive next time.)

Topic #8518 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im sure this is the first time ANY club has attempted to make itself better buy buying players. This thread is a joke, and Im disappointed in myself for reading and replying to it!

Reply #95146 | Report this post

HUH?  
Years ago

Um anon,your dreaming mate,I can't think of a club who hasn't used the moula to get players...dickhead!!!!!

Reply #95191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think some is jealous they haven't been asked yet!!!!!

Reply #95194 | Report this post

Kobe8  
Years ago

Surely this isnt a female version of Brad with spell check?

Reply #95197 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

You are a idiot & this is a pathetic thread, get a clue!

Reply #95201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe8, Good guess. Huh is the male version of brad. He must have learnt how to spell.

Reply #95204 | Report this post

HUH?  
Years ago

very good anon,you pass...A+

Reply #95214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

some use money others use their positions in higher teams which ones worse??????

Reply #95236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you can all say what you like,BUT why is norwood complaining they cant get a lightning player after they offered a huge amount to get one.I shouldnt have posted this,mistake on my part.these things are best kept in house.

Reply #95267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you are getting confused:

Players who turn down large amounts of money do so because they do not want to play in a sub standard program and that their development will be better at another club.

As for "using their positions in higher teams" I think you are confusing this with being a high quality coach that players WANT to play for and under, regardless of monetary incentives.

Reply #95270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I AM confused... are Norwood complaining that they cant get a lightning player?

Cause they did have 2 WNBL players last season didn't they?

What about Woodville, Centrals, Eastern, South these teams didn't have a WNBL player at all let alone a lightning player

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the breakdown I believe...

Centrals 0 WNBL Players
Eastern 0 WNBL Players
Forestville 3 WNBL Players (Ranford, Screen, Lindsay)
North 2 WNBL Players (Hill, Lorinzini)
Norwood 2 WNBL Players (Hurst, Abrams)
South 0 WNBL Players
Southern 2 WNBL Players (Cooper Beatty)
Sturt 3 WNBL Players (Bowley, Bowley Marino)
West 2 WNBL Players (Woosnam, Smith)
Woodville 0 WNBL Players

Reply #95294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems like the top 5 Teams do, the bottom 5 dont.
Says to me these type of players are the difference, for getting to finals or not?

Reply #95300 | Report this post

business arising  
Years ago

Yes well isnt it about time BASA look at some ruling that players will be drafted to all teams by some fair means

Reply #95585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

business arising

Yes well isnt it about time Clubs looked at doing a better job of producing their own players rather than expecting other clubs or the lightning to supply them with players!

Reply #95587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HUH, U TOSSER WHY IS IT THE FLAMES CANT GET A LIGHTNING PLAYER .THEY ARE DESPERATE FOR ONE.THE LATEST PLAYER THEY HAVE CHASED TURNED THEM DOWN AS WELL

Reply #96290 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

I've heard a rumour that the Norwood womens coach has resigned. Any truth in that?

Reply #97395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes
New coach not yet appointed

Reply #97421 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:32 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754