3-man
Years ago

INGLES v HILL

how do phil and the sixers let all the good ones slide, seems once they hit the AIS its hard to get them back to SA.

and for the record, Ingles by a country mile

and i'm a big Brad Hill fan

Topic #8600 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

3-man must be a tiger.

Ingles is in the same position (if not slightly behind) B.hill two years ago. Hill's had NBL experience now, whereas Ingles NBL talent is yet to be proven.

I'm disappointed Ingles didn't honour his verbal contract to Phil as well, but do hope he can continue to show that SA can produce some of the best ballers in the country.

Reply #96307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Propaganda is alive and well! Verbal contract to Phil?? Understand the facts first champ, not just a one-sided, unbalanced and incorrect version of events.
And believe me, Ingles is much better already in almost every facet of the game, probably every facet.
P.S I hate the Tigers!!

Reply #96318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Propaganda?!?!? I'd say the horse's mouth is hardly propaganda.

Ingles hasn't played a single NBL minute (pre-season and blitz don't count, coaching are experimenting), for that matter alone he's not in the same ball park.

Sorry son, but your argument's got no legs.

Reply #96319 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Ingles in 2 years won't be in the NBL, overseas beckons, whether its NBA or Europe.

Whereas Hill is still in the league after 2 years and heard no sign of any overseas offers.

Reply #96321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to be as good as either of them!!

Reply #96322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree that alot of opinion on this site is ill-informed. The fact is there was no verbal contract and the reason why adelaide find it hard to keep players is because we were the only non privately owned team which makes it much harder to funnel money to players outside the salary cap. Maybe now things will be different??? Under NBL rules for rookies Joe was only able to be offered a set ammount which other teams were offering more and able to pay him money else where. So if your Joe what are you going to do???
It always comes down to money with us in the past when loosing players maybe we can be more creative now

Reply #96325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles was not even paid the maximum amount allowed for a rookie by the Dragons so to suggest otherwise, or that he was paid outside of the salary cap guidelines is totally incorrect.
And 96319, depending on what horses mouth you are talking about may just confirm that it is indeed propaganda!
As for the initial debate, if you had seen both players at any length, you would know that Ingles is already a fair bit ahead of Hill, not that is any offence to Hill by the way.

Reply #96327 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Joe has great potential and even more hype. Yet to play NBL but by all accounts doing well in pre- season. Brad has played and starts his 3rd season still only 19. Both have potential to be great SA born players. Its probably a long time since most locals saw Joe play. Checking some stats from AIS Brad ave 18 pg and Joe 8 in 05 on same team, Brad 14 pg in his first year behind other Brad. Joe comming back from injury this year. Joe's size gives him an edge in potential, but to say he is a mile ahead of Brad is
getting a little excited. Just let the boys play and see where it takes them. By the way, regardless of how he got there Joe is in a good place for him. Not sure if Brad
will get the opportunities he deserves on a veteran roster, note 13 minutes only on wed for 12 points. And yes I'd like to be as good as either of them to.

Reply #96333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good post 96333.
I'm actually a bit surprised Ingles hasn't had more hype to be honest. Hell, when the national coach mentions Kukoc in the same breath as you (a little unfair I think by the way), I would have actually expected more fanfare.
I just hope Hill gets the opportunity to blossom into the very good NBL player that he can be and not get stuck behind players that he shouldn't be.
I'm also want to know as an Adelaide boy why we don't have a lineup that includes the Newleys, Ingles, Holmes, Formans of this world complementing the Mahers and even Hills of this world?
Now there is an Adelaide lineup to get excited about!
Forget the standard line about these guys leaving for more money (which is crap in almost every situation), this is a lineup we could and should have had.

Reply #96334 | Report this post

Years ago

"the Newleys, Ingles, Holmes, Formans of this world complementing the Mahers and even Hills of this world?"

I never knew the Gary Ayers' of this world posted on the forum

Reply #96335 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Under NBL rules for rookies Joe was only able to be offered a set ammount...
I don't believe Ingles was offered the maximum rookie salary by Adelaide. Also, I have a feeling that what Adelaide thought was the maximum and what really was the maximum were separate things.

Reply #96341 | Report this post

Joe's Stalker  
Years ago

HELLO if you had to choice to be coached by either Phil or Mark Price, DAMN i know which one I would be choosing...

To compare these two at this stage in both their career's is a little unfair. Good luck to both of them they are a a great asset to basketball in SA.

Keep up the good work.

(C U in OCT Jingles #7)

Reply #96343 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Somewhere down the track Mark Price will be coaching an NBA team and as such Ingles has put himself in a GREAT position to be noticed and get a real chance of making the NBA. I suspect that this is a large reason why he is with South.

As far as who is better? I think that they will end up playing different positions and both will play for Australia with Ingles having more upside because of height advantage and can cover more positions.

Reply #96416 | Report this post

Tripod boy  
Years ago

Shee my nig Ingles will be on sic cheese in 2 years, cars wit big rims, fat crib and not to mention the many many groupies, knowledge is deep!!!

Reply #96426 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

"Ingles in 2 years won't be in the NBL, overseas beckons, whether its NBA or Europe.

Whereas Hill is still in the league after 2 years and heard no sign of any overseas offers. "

To be fair to Brad Hill, his first NBL season wasn't your average rookie season. He came in as a late replacement for the last 7 or 8 games while still only halfway through his AIS stint. He is effectively only 1 year out of the AIS and 1 year ahead of Ingles.

Reply #96455 | Report this post

Tripod boy  
Years ago

Who is this Hill crumb anyway??, never heard of him!!!

Reply #97099 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:55 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754