Bizzy
Years ago

McQuade's Sixers Preview

Thinks a top four spot is there for the taking if we can stay healthy.

Makes some points about Wheeler will start in the 5 spot and should be good if he can stay healthy, and also mentions Coops should be far better this season as he can come of the bench and just rack up some blocks.

Full Story

Anyone have any big problems with his review? I think he was somewhere around the mark.

Topic #8605 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

sixers to finish around 6th.

inside players take up a lot of room and demand the ball which is a different style of game that the team isnt used to.

As a result, this will clog the key and wont allow guys like willie to have the freedom to create like they have in the past.

And Brett will have to sacrifice his own offensive game in order to run the team because if he doesnt, no-one else will be able to.

Reply #96329 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

What stats is McQuade using when discussing Horvath (7.0ppg, 2.7rpg)? Are they not his collage stats? Surely he could have used something more relevant.

Reply #96337 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Horvath averaged 20 points a game at an outstanding 54.3% in the 2004/05 season when he played for West Sydney. He was injured throughout the 2005/06 season. I also wondered where McQuade got his figures from It certainly did not sound like an equal replacement to Rychart at 20ppg.

Reply #96338 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

those stats for Horvath must have been from the first quarter of the first game of the season when he got injured, plus a game or two when he tried to come back from his injury too early.

they are certainly not reflective of his 20/10 output which he usually averages!

Reply #96339 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Does anyone think McQaude has got it wrong with the starting line-up,particularly at Centre and PF?

Wheeler over Horvath? I dont think so. Wheeler hasnt even been able to hit the court yet.Plus he has been out a year. Horvath has showed some good form already.
I also think that Mastro will play the 4 spot. He has earned the starting spot IMO .

My starting 5 would be :

C- Horvath
Pf - Mastro
Sf -Nash
Sg - Willie
Pg - Maher

The thing i like about this line-up is we have Nash anchoring the defensive end and we can run and gun with every player on the court able to score.

Reply #96425 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

mmm, dont no about nash, why not have mastro in 3,horvath 4 and wheeler 5?

Reply #96522 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Brad

Why would you have Wheeler as Centre? As Skyhook said he is not even fit yet.

Reply #96526 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Eventually they'd want Wheeler starting in the middle. I'd say that's what they signed him for.

Reply #96529 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

is it possible that either willie or copeland could play SF?

Reply #96936 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:04 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754