Isaac
Years ago

Opals vs France result

Opals have now won seven straight games after beating France 79-66. They progress to a rematch with Brazil in the semi-finals. They beat Brazil in the group stage 83-72.

Lauren Jackson top scored for Australia with 19 points and 11 rebounds. She leads the tournament in scoring and is third in rebounding. Penny Taylor scored 18 points while Jennifer Screen and Jenny Whittle scored 7 points each in support.
Meanwhile, Russia beat Spain 60-56, Brazil beat the Czech Republic 75-51 and Argentina edged Cuba 76-73.

Topic #8655 | Report this topic

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I see that the Yanks also flogged the Lithuanians 90-56. I think the Lithuanians would kind of be pleased to be going home after the start to the tournament they had.

Anyone else been reading Tully Bevilaqua's diary? (latest entry here).

It's been quite entertaining and informative, if for no other reason that I've never seen a photo of Lauren Jackson holding up her underpants before (scroll down to second pic).

And apropos of absolutely nothing at all, here's today's wacky sports story: link.

It's the tale of the IBF middleweight boxing champ, Arthur Abraham, who's obsessed with the Smurfs - to the point where he enters the ring to the Smurf theme music and wears a gold Smurf-like hat. (!)

But the Smurfs are not happy about this, and are suing his arse.

This must be one of the best sports stories of the year.

Reply #97040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i suppose that really confirms lauren is a "brazillian"

Reply #97075 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:55 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754