damrob
Years ago

Slingers v Sixers Photos

Photos for Slingers v Sixers game in Singapore are finally up at www.damrob.com.au or via direct link at http://www.damrob.com.au/gallery2/v/NBL/NBL+Season+2006_2007/Rd+1/

Topic #8678 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crap, i just about creamed my pants when i saw the pa system they have, can we have that in the dome :)

Reply #97239 | Report this post

damrob  
Years ago

It's a fairly impressive facility.
The photos make it look like there was hardly any people there, but considering there was very little advertising (at least from what the locals told me) it wasn't too bad a turn out.

Reply #97241 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Damrob,

The burning question I have for you, based on your photos, is:

How does their mascot rank among the other NBL mascots you have seen?

Is he wacky and zany? Did he have any cool routines/tricks?

Reply #97254 | Report this post

damrob  
Years ago

The mascot didn't really do much, I think a lot of the entertainment will improve once the performers get an idea of what they can and can't do.

There is a competition running for naming the merlion (mascot). He danced around a little but I didn't see him do much.

I did like the costume though, much better than some other mascots going around!

Reply #97260 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Thanks Damrob.

A competition to name their mascot, you say? Surely they don't have to look any further than the Hoops SA community to find their winner for that.

I'll start:

- The Humidifier

- Merlene Merlion

- The Anti-Litter Lion (to be sponsored by an enterprising chewing gum producer)

Reply #97268 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Further to all of this, basketball mascots don't get enough attention IMO.

There's a great write-up on a day in the life of guy who's the Phoenix Gorilla here.

Bob Woolf, a 40-year-old, blue-eyed father of three, is the Gorilla, the King Kong of sports mascots. He was the first NBA mascot to dunk off a mini trampoline, first to dunk through a ring of fire, first to ride a Harley on the court, first to use videotaped skits, first to dunk off a crumbling model of the Empire State Building and first to dunk after being propelled from the three-point line by catapult.

Other nuggets to be gleaned:

- he earns between US$150-$200K a year for the gig;
- he makes most of his props at home in his special "gorilla room";
- he's only missed three home games in 17 years.

Reply #97280 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Yeh, the 36ers should bring back Slam Dunk or perhaps the Pura Milk Monster!

Top pics once again damrob,man it looks weird to see copeland in a sixers uniform.

Reply #97282 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I still say the Pura Milk Monster was crap. It looked like something you'd win at a sideshow.

Reply #97302 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

if u give the seals a mini tramp. i'm sure we could have some fun at half time

Reply #97374 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754