Miami Vice
Years ago

Academy Update?

Just wondering what is happening with the academy?

I know the squad has been picked and the guys are training hard but what is their schedule this year? Are they playing curtain raisers to the sixers vs ABA teams again?

I checked the website and they still have last year's team up and nothing about the coming year.

Anyone who is in the know care to shed some light?

Topic #8679 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is sponsoring the team as I heard the Stamford pulled out.

Reply #97266 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

In a move similar to the Defence Jobs sponsorship of the women's national team and competition (ie as a recruitment tool), I think you'll find that the Police have taken out the naming rights for the Academy.

Henceforth, it shall be known as ...

(Don't worry - I won't write it. It's just not that funny.)

Reply #97274 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

Nah as far as i am aware of and i saw a few of the academy training the other week, Stamford is still the sponsor.

Also Tristan Braithwaite broke his 5th metatarsal in his foot at the first training so he is out for a while.

Reply #97297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so what tristan broke his little toe????

Reply #97337 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

Yes anonymous #97337 he did but it is a painful injury and will keep him sidelined for a couple of months at least. No need for your stupid comments when ur name is anonymous

Reply #97338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so if he is ot for 2 months, who has taken that spot so someone else can get some extra training os is adelaide devoid of any more potential players?

Reply #97355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it must be if Zane Reeves can make it

chuuch

Reply #97372 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Bully, I hardly think 97337 was making a stupid comment, moreso clarifying it in everyday (non-medical) terms.

We're not all doctors.

Reply #97388 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754