Sector 7G
Years ago

Women Gold Medal Game - Spoiler

The Aussie women defeated Russia 91-74. Penny Taylor top scored. Laura played 20+ mins.
Congratulations girls!!!

Topic #8697 | Report this topic

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Penny Taylor was also tournamnt MVP

Reply #97451 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

congrats to Jan and her coaching staff and to all the players looking at the box scores all hit court, Phillips, Randall, & McInerney hitting court for the final 1.35

GOLD so richly deserved

Reply #97452 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Thanks for that Sector7G just $%#$ed up my watching the replay wihout knowing the result first!

Think before you post results in the thread heading!

Reply #97453 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Statman,
if you really wanted to watch the replay it pretty dumb to go to any basketball web site. Think before doing that next time mate and you wont have an issue. Im glad they posted it as I am working and wont get to see the replay..

GO the Opals. awesome result.

Reply #97454 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Igotmadskills - no problem with it being posted - just not happy it was put in the header for the thread. Pretty simple really to put 'spoiler' in the thread title and then post away. Lets people that want the result like you get it and people like me who are on the site looking at other stuff not have the replay stuffed up!

Reply #97459 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

You idiot what else does Oz women win gold mean. I read it and knew they must have won. How else would they win gold? You are a tool!

Reply #97463 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

I did forget to say well done Jan and the girls on a great effort.

Reply #97464 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Great work ladies - you have done us all proud!!!

It's been on the cards for way too long!!! Finally...

Reply #97469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#97463) Who is the idiot. Read the title again you tool. It says Women Gold Medal Game - Spoiler. Where does it say they won. Thanks for the post good to get the result and well done girls.

Reply #97473 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

That's awesome news. A thouroughly deserved win to everyone on the Opals team.

Reply #97477 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

Anon 97473 has got it right.

Reply #97478 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

(#97473) - You are the idiot. Read the titles on the earlier replies, the title to this thread was previously "OZ WOMEN WIN GOLD", until Isaac (or one of the other mods) changed it.

Thanks for the original post, and congrats to the girls. At least one of our teams could bring home something from the world championships.

Reply #97480 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kev is correct, though it would've been one of the other moderators.

Reply #97482 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

well done opals

Reply #97485 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Big pic on front page of the Tiser too. Great effort, altough would have been good 2 have beaten the US in the GF.

Reply #97768 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754