Bulldog
Years ago

Be heard - support the Opals and basketball

Well, we all like to voice our concerns on here when we have something to bag, now it is time to spread our congratulations to the Opals.

I encourage everyone to write a letter to the editor of their newspaper (I have already done mine for The Advertiser online) congratulating the girls and show there is a voice for basketball in this country.

Please, show your support for them and tell them how much their accomplishment really means.

Remember, first time ever for an Aussie senior side.

Topic #8699 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yer its amazing! How good is Jan? Great team but she must have brought out the best in those girls.

Just a couple of yrs ago she was on shakey ground with Basketball Australia and a number of players. Maybe BA should have stuck with Smyth as well.

Reply #97591 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Congratulations to Jan & all the girls. It was a fantastic effort by everyone!

Reply #97722 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754