Rupert Sapwell
Years ago

Funny I need your help

Greetings hoops fans. Norwood basketball club is looking to fill some junior coaching positions urgently. There are two teams at the U/16 level, two teams at U/18 and one at U/20. All men.

Due to the record number of teams at the club we have out-grown our coaching reservoir and need some eager, responsible coaches.
If you're serious about acting as a mentor for young men I'd love to talk with you about filling one of the positions.
You'll be working closely with me throughout this summer season and it would be a great opportunity to grow your basketball knowledge and as an outlet for your love of the game.

Commitment will be Tuesday evenings and Friday nights only.

If this remotely interests you, then give it a go. If you have plans for management or leadership, then coaching is a great resume stuffer and a position of great responsibility.

This is a sincere request on behalf of the young players in danger of missing out. If you, or anyone you know is interested, please reply to this post.

Happy hooping,
Sap

(Mod: Re-dating this so it'll get more attention. Can anyone help out with this? If you don't want to respond publically, you can get in touch with the club: phone 0422 056 947, fax 08 8346 3992, or email: norwood.basketball at tpg.com.au)

Topic #872 | Report this topic

Hoffman  
Years ago

Hey rupert, Its really good to see you getting behind the Norwood basketball club. Although i am a woodville player i am glad you have put yourself out there to help Junior development.
Catch you round the place and keep up the great work.
PS sorry i cant help you.

Reply #10315 | Report this post

just me  
Years ago

hoffman u and ur family would be welcomed back to the fold since i know u have played some games for this club

Reply #17151 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

It does seem that some clubs are struggling with coaches. Are clubs in the future going to cut players to save pulling teams in seasons or are we heading for a coach shortage? Is the coach shortage because basketball is growing at a huge rate or people don't want to coach as much. We must remember that a lot of coaches coach more than 1 team. Hope you find those coaches.

Reply #17152 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

For anybody interested, Forestville are advertising on their website for coaches.

Reply #17172 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:12 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754