Junior GIRLS

All the topics/ discussions on this site seem to be focussed around the u/18 and u/20 boys. Discussion on the girls in these agegroups and below would also be suitable, as well as more interesting to some of the girls who use this site.

For example:
Which clubs are strong, and in which agegroups?
Which players are standouts/ future prsopects?
How is the future of women's basketball looking (Statewide and Nationally)?
Etc.

Cheers.

Topic #873 | Report this topic

the appreciator  
Years ago

here's a start -

North girls still strong from u14 up - since Kinsman has left many have speculated a stutter in their program - u12 top 4, u10 with the pack.

centrals - seem to be putting more junior girls teams on the court - which is good - have been producing the odd top team in lower grades, but still need plenty of work in top end grades and bulk numbers up.

West - struggling badly - no Div 1 in u12/14s. u16 up are fine and strong. u10s - do they exist as well - unless someone grabs it by the horns down there - they will be in a big rut, depth is a problem as well.

Woodville girls - improving after a hiatus. Fielding 4-5 teams in a couple of grades - in typical woodville fashion - they are either top or bottom - no half measures, as long as Lynne Holland and jodie Barret keep a hand in they will improve.

Forestville - doing very well accross the board - plenty of depth and getting plenty of grand finals in most grades. Fielding up to 6-7 teams in some grades - Steady as she goes. have the quanitity - but the quality is some grades ?

Mavs - looking a bit light on for numbers - had excellent u21 girls team - couple of big names - really in the balance as to whether they will be making up numbers or a force in younger grades- i would expect a lot more players as the population increases in the hills.

Sturt - same as Forestville, plenty of teams - dominated u12s - holding their own. time will tell if their u12 dynasty lasts.

South - fielding quite a few teams, but not acheiving much - heard they had a few coaching problems and the continual changes caused unrest should continue to a least field mid range teams.

Tigers - like woodville - seem to be very competitive or really bad - few more teams than woodville though - i would expect many of their teams to go top 4 once winning

Reply #9522 | Report this post

the appreciator  
Years ago

whoops - felt like I left someone out !

Norwood - doing just fine - plenty of teams - with some top level players coming through - definite top 4 contenders in most Div 1 grades. Have the numbers coming through

Reply #9524 | Report this post

the appreciator  
Years ago

so if i could rank the general state of the entire junior girls at this point of time -

1) North - may drop to top 3

2) Sturt - stay in top 3 - good chance to go no. 1

3) Forestville - stay in top 3 - could go 1

4) Norwood - will hold down this spot, not quite strong enough for top 3

5) Tigers - could go 4th, give Norwood a run for their money

6) South - in the balance

7) Mavs - in the balance

8) Woodville - on the way up could push for 5th or crash

9) West - not looking good 10th a reality

10) Centrals - can surpass West over next 2-4 yeras if current trends continue

Reply #9530 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

My rankings:

North (last year though)
Forestville
Sturt
Southern
Norwood
Mavs
West
Woodville
South
Centrals

Reply #10364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

southern over west?? hmm a little bit of biosy there?!

Reply #10385 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Rankings (2003/04) going on Div 1 results only:

North
Forestville
Sturt
Norwood
Southern
West
Mavs
South
Woodville
Centrals

Reply #10389 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Yeah why wouldn't Southern be over West. West no 10, 12 and 14 div 1s! Southern will get 16s over West and if leah plays, West will get it over Southern. 21s Southern by a mile over West.

Reply #10403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1. North 2. Forestville (may change from each age group)
3. west
4. sturt
5. norwood
6. souther
7. south
8. mavs
9. centrals
10. woodville

Reply #10468 | Report this post

Fat Elvis  
Years ago

After Last nights games at Pasadena Looks like Sturt will at least be the #2 club in Junior Girls.

With wins over Forestville in the U12's by 8, U14's by 10+, A loss in U16's after leading at 3 quarter time, and then a win in the U18's without their point guard or coach.

Reply #11039 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've pruned this thread. Please avoid naming juniors, and especially avoid discussing their performances or abilities. Thanks.

Reply #11456 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

my ratings r:

1-forrestville
2-north
3-sturt
4-norwood
5-south
6-woodville
7-mavs
8-southern
9-west
10-centrals

In my opinion woodville and southern side hav risen, tigers and west hav fallen. 4 the last 2 seasons North, Norwood n Forestville hav domenated the top of the ladder n centrals stay the same as far as im concernced! I cnt wait til nxt season!

Reply #17561 | Report this post

I should know  
Years ago

1. North - maybe waning
2. Sturt - on up
3. Forestville - on up
4. Norwood - holding strong
5. South - numbers - not much quality
6. Tigers - only numbers over woodville
7. Woodville - on the up, premier western suburbs team now- can they keep it up now they have lost the best recruiting officer in Adel?
8.West - on the decline - big problems
9. Centrals - not capitilizing on large area.
10. mavericks - they are decaying when they should be improving - with so many new families in hills

Reply #17562 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Chik and i should know, Have a look a sportingpulse??? You don't know your basketball do you? North are the premier girls side. Top in 10s, 14 16 18 and will be in 20s. Norwood have no under 10s div 1 bottom 3 in 12s, last 2 in 14s. Their 16s are top 2 and their 18s are 5th. 20s are solid.South. Bottom in 10 and 12s, 14s 6th 16s 5th and 18s last. 20s are not great either. You are putting them 5th??? Thats funny! And chik, are southern rising or falling?You say Southern have risen and Tigers have fallen. Make your mind up.

I am curious who Woodville have lost as their best recruiter?

Reply #17585 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

I know my basketball! I play 4 a side, so plz dnt tell what i kno! I kno from a players perspective of the game, u probli onli watch n look at the ladders but thats not what reali counts in a game. I'm talking about the players, their team play and sportsmenship! "i the know" u actuli reali hav no idea!

Reply #17952 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

And by the way im talking bout the u/16's teams!

Reply #17955 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Chik,Ha Ha. That is the funniest post i have ever read on here.

Reply #17959 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

You obviously play for Forestville by putting them on the top.

Reply #17960 | Report this post

in the know  
Years ago

it's not just tables - I'm talking numbers and results in general accross the grades - ok some div 1 selections maybe up and down but generally from Div 1 to whatever - that's how i see it. i also considered coaches - efforts made and general recruiting.

the recruiter at Woodies was that grey haired bloke, he also coached a woodville junior girls team to a premiership - not too many woodville girls coaches have done that.

Reply #17963 | Report this post

I should know  
Years ago

sorry that should be "I should know"

Reply #17964 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

i dnt play 4 forrestville but my m8 does n plz dnt put me down or judge me u hav no right, u dnt even kno me "in the know"!

Reply #18261 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

im talking about a different perspective of the game 2 "in the know" and i shudn't of put forrestville up da top coz wen we played them we onli had 6 players n we lost by 3 points n i play 4 one of the lower teams on the laders but not 2 low!

Reply #18262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my ranking evry 1 sux except for tigers

Reply #19703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats a bit harsh!

Reply #19806 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Girls, Go back to school!!!!! Go outside, find a life. I think you will find all of this has been said to you before!

Reply #19814 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

WATEVA, i see it how i see it and so do a lot of other ppl!

Reply #20437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed chik

Reply #21378 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

I have been very impressed with some Norwood div 1 teams in the older girls lately

Reply #21400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont discount Norwood Div 1 in Younger girls either. Very young and up and coming !!

Reply #24308 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

u12s and 14 still middle of the road - but I am sure with the high quality coaching of your older girls teams they will improve

Reply #24326 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:35 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754