fess mate
Years ago

Dome rewinds three years!

It's great to see that the Dome is back to the way it was 3 years ago.
The catering is back to spotless and there are still the same people working on the door, That makes it better when we walk up and see the same smilling face saying welcome back sir.

Topic #8768 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF?????

WTF (-:

Reply #98565 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

whats the message behind this post ??
same smiling faces as 3 years ago whats that got to do with whats going on - welcome back yeah right
hey the number of people at the dome last wed i reckon we all know each other by first name basis in game or 2
might even be able to car pool
my local butcher smiles at me and i only known him 2 minutes

Reply #98570 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Under a past board, the catering contract for the Dome was signed away for some insane duration (11 years?!) for upfront money. With the end of BASA went the end of that contract.

Spotless, who I believe had previously held the contract, were returned to the gig.

What's the verdict from anyone that sampled the fare?

I remember when Spotless were replaced, there were a lot of complaints on here about cold food and so on -- the lack of those sort of posts might indicate that the change is for the better?

Reply #98582 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

98570 again if the post is about improving food option then go for it - i didnt really trouble the caterers much vanilla coke and a donut - but so long as hot potatoes live on no problem get a bbq happening outside or something on warmer nights eg when seals ran it was good - a beer /snag outside with a fag thats life

Reply #98585 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Is there diet vanilla coke anywhere in the Dome?

Reply #98589 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Shame the prices have not rewound back 3 years.

Reply #98595 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

They used to do great Hot Dogs back in the day - before everything was sent thru the line-up cafeteria.

Reply #98598 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Does that mean we have new rats, 3 year old rats, or just the same ones now??

Reply #98600 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I am awaiting fresh rat sightings from Ben Fitz before the fans can be notified.

(I actually don't like how the fact that rats might live at the Dome is considered a 'negative'. It doesn't bother me at all and would probably make my night if I spotted a rat in attendance, seriously. The days of spreading The Plague are long gone and now they just chill. I mean, I'm looking forward to the Members' Day at the Zoo and what's that about? Same coach, same players, but maybe some exotic rats!)

Reply #98603 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ha ha Isaac, funny stuff.
I actually saw a dome rat in the line for some nachos the other night, he had a gold season pass!

Reply #98612 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And he's going back to the Zoo for members' day to visit his incarcerated family!

Humans, rats, we're all fans.

(I was completely serious about not minding there having been rats at the Dome. A few rats around my office would liven the place up.)

Reply #98615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the hell happened to the Nachos stand???????

Reply #98638 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

it went just like BASA's money

Reply #98651 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

I heard the rats outnumbered the fans on Wednesday night.

Reply #98653 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Some rats at the Dome would be good, they would bump up the numbers in attendance. The next challenge would be to train them to make some noise.

Reply #98670 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Or play some D and shoot a few basket's. We could even put in a sixers uniform.

Reply #98729 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

I wonder whether the NBL would consider us blowing our Salary and Points cap if we put too many of the Dome's rats on the team...

After all, they appear to be living the high life - huge, multi room house with 3 basketball courts in it, and its own Restaurant, Fast Food stalls and even a Bar.

Reply #98744 | Report this post

Bad Bear  
Years ago

I agree its good to same faces in the casual staff that they were not replaced great job guys

Reply #98755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the rats will outnumber the fans after the effort in perth

Reply #98822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As I was aware that spotless had only a couple of days before the first game to move in I ate before the game ( This happened last year as well with the new contract which was why it started so badly). I had a look around, however and was glad that I did as there wasn't much choice there. I understand that they will be contacting out (eg the spud stands) so it might get better once that was in place.

The big issue will be the corporate boxes etc. ( I understand this was one of the reasons they changed in the first place).

I, personally, am not a big fan of spotless, having worked for them in the past.

Reply #99031 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754