Anonymous
Years ago

The new Yogee?

"The league is too even this year to be succesful with a start like this. If they lose the next one I think we can pretty much write off the season, and I don't think it's completely unjustified to be doing it right now.
lockstock, 01/10/06"

We're TWO rounds into the Season, come on!

I hope the Sixers make the Finals JUST to show how ridiculous that post was.

"And Luke Schenscher is fighting for the final roster spot on a mediocre team.
lockstock, 02/10/06"

Checked out the Bulls roster of late? Mediocre?? Where's Moses Guthrie when you need him? Mate Bulls will be much better then Mediocre this season.

"Is Mal Hemmerling not CEO of BSA? If so, what has he got to do with the 36ers?

lockstock, 02/10/06"

Do I even need to comment on how stupid this comment is?

Everyone always thinks they're in the know. As Lockstock has proven, they're normally very wrong.

Topic #8796 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Moses is still here. Go Bulls. I don't need to defend anyone who wants to call us mediocre. The Paxfather will take care of them in time.

Reply #98932 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

bahahahaha love it

Reply #98933 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

anon #8796, if there's anything wrong with what you post, we will never know who it is as you post under anonymous. People make mistakes, but by putting their name to it, they accept responsibility, however in your case, you protect yourself under an anonymous blanket. That nakes you really tough (not). If you want to have a go at lockstock, atleast put your name to it.

Reply #98947 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

1. we're 4 rounds into the season dimwit, as far as the 36ers are concerned. And making the finals does not make it a "successful" year. Is it 8 of 12 teams that make it to the final rounds? They're 1 and 3 and still in the 8. If they do have a successful season I'll stand up and state that I was wrong.
2. The Macquarie defines "Mediocre" as "of middling quality", "of only moderate excellence". Time will tell whether they exceed that definition. I'll stand by it and if I'm wrong I'll admit it.
3. They were questions, not "comments". Pretty simple really.
And with regards to your last statement, you'll find that in a lot of my posts I'll write IMO, meaning I'm not trying to state any sort of fact whatsoever, just my opinion. You've completely contradicted yourself by saying everyone always thinks they're in the know when you've presented the same picture of yourself in your post.
It's a pretty gutless post really, and of course it is from an "anonymous" person. The only thing that has been "proven" is that you are in absolute asshole. Get a life, the parklands are a nice place to take a walk and get out a bit. You'll find some like-minded people there too for you to "mingle" with.

Reply #98951 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Thanks EC.

Reply #98953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC is no different then Anonymous. Except for the fact post can better be tracked.

What's to stop me from posting as EC? Nothing.

What's to stop someone from posting as Steven Hastings? Nothing (And that is more a point then any as someone is currently posting as that name even though it clearly isn't Steven Hastings!!)

When the forum is set up so alias can't be used by just anyone and people have to register an alias then I can promise you that many annonymous posters (including many people who have used alias' in the past) will revert to using an alias.

Reply #98955 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

Lockstock & EC, love your work . Anon, whoever you are, go away.

Reply #98959 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

lockstock - the NBL season is in Round 2 (source : www.nbl.com.au)

The fact is that the season has more games than rounds, so teams play more than 1 game per round.

You would have helped you arguement by saying they have played 4 games already, however that is just my point, they have played 2 games per round, with some pretty horrific travelling and timing scenarios in there ( so do most other teams at some point in the season)

Reply #98963 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Everyone always thinks they're in the know.

Thanks

Reply #98967 | Report this post

Stephen Hastings  
Years ago

Im Stephen Hastings not Steven Hastings you minge.

Reply #98970 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What's to stop me from posting as EC? Nothing.
An interest in furthering the ideals of the community?

Reply #98999 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

giving a couple of examples of lockstock's postings does not reflect the quality of most of his posts.
you can put a cat in an oven, but it doesnt make it a biscuit.

Reply #99016 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

is that like going to church doesn't make me a christian

like standing in a garage doesn't make me a car?

Reply #99020 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

you are picking up what im putting down tb.

Reply #99023 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Thanks a lot Charlie I appreciate the support

Reply #99026 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

do you sleep with anonymous wife/girlfriend lockstock???

bit of a stalker attempt when someone goes through your old posts to make a bad attempt of kicking you in the nuts.

only knock on lockstock is that I believe he's a lawyer.

Reply #134550 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:10 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754