Anonymous
Years ago

zane reeves at centrals

is this true. disappointing if it is, after all the oppurtunities woodville gave him

Topic #8799 | Report this topic

Stephen Hastings  
Years ago

Yeah it is disapointing, i can definately confirm that this is true, i heard it from the big guy last night. He was pretty cut up about the whole situation, i told him to keep his chin up and wipe those tears away and it would all be ok.

Reply #98980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many others are leaving the green and gold?

Reply #99005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zane, good luck with your new club. I cannot hide my disappointment. I know you have to look after your own future but there is such a thing as loyalty. Woodville has been good to you and your opportunities would have been great with the new coach. Having said that I repeat good luck you are a great guy and will be missed.

Reply #99009 | Report this post

Greyhound  
Years ago

Tear it up our there, I know you have alot to show that people havent seen yet. Do your thing boy.

Reply #99029 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

sorry to see you go, Zane, I'm sure I can understand why you wished to go from the coaching situation of the last few years. However with a exciting new coach, the opportunites were there.

Wish you well with Centrals - just go join all the ex Woodville boys out there.

Reply #99043 | Report this post

Highland Lowlife  
Years ago

Why go down to centrals? I would understand if they were winning. What good is knowing the coach, if that coach cant produce any consistent wins? Look at their lineup, nearly all their list could go elsewhere and play comfortably.

Reply #99063 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

If he wants to drive to Gawler 3 times a week good luck to him!
In all seriousness, Zane can flat out play, he has the potential to be one of the better players in the ABL. I'd like to see him succeed

Reply #99089 | Report this post

isn't this the same kid people have been talking up for two and a half seasons now. IMO he's an undersized 5/4 player. Hard worker, but nothing more than a younger, and less foul-ier (yup, just made up a word) Dougie Mac-T.

ps. well done folks on not turning this into another Centrals bashing thread. They are sooooo 2005

Reply #99097 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

"zed" all the best at centrals -

Reply #99106 | Report this post

MARSH MELLOW  
Years ago

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ABL PLAYER AND A GOOD ABL PLAYER , IS MENTAL TOUGHNESS!!

Reply #99108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lockstock, i serioulsy hope he shows 'potential' soon, i mean after been given starting spots in the last 2 years you'd think he would of shown some signs by now, lets hope he does well at centrals, i mean thats where you go when you cant succeed at other clubs, right?

Reply #99112 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

Who cares?

Reply #99116 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Centrals throw all sorts of money at players from other clubs. I think that is why at least some go there, because the club doesn't have the reputation that some of the other clubs do.
I think he would make a pretty good 3 man. It takes usually 3-4 years for a player to mature into a solid ABL player, so on that theory he should be hitting his straps right about now.
Time will tell whether he has the right makeup of talent/heart/toughness to do well. From my experience playing against him I've no doubt he has the talent, and can't form an opinion on the rest because I don't know him well enough..

Reply #99122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah he is too soft

Reply #99125 | Report this post

lion tamer  
Years ago

Lets add smoe facts to these threads above.

he has hardly been starting for the last two years. On and off yes but not consistantly like a Puds or a Cameron.

Is it the club that gives someone an opportunity or individuals at that club? Ae these individuals still there or have they all moved on.

Centrals will hardly be paying a player who has college goals nect year.

You go to Centrals if you cant make it at other clubs, get a life Reggie, Hammo and Jarrod Graves have been very successful at other clubs. Jye and Justin Wilky are no longer at the Lions and i would sugest Zane would fit the new format very well.

rather than bag a player for moving clubs how abut congratulating a team for securing a player of Zanes quality and potential.

If the rumours are true he will be given more even more opporunities than he was given last season at the warriors.

Sees him reunited with his old u/12 coach Scott Whitmore, wonder how many other players that where in that squad are looking at the Lions.

Good luck Zane I have no doubt it was a hard decision, on the surface with the changes to the Lions team and you as the first recruit it looks like a bright 2007.

Reply #99126 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

"Centrals throw all sorts of money at players from other clubs. I think that is why at least some go there...."
Come on Lockstock you almost contradict what your saying here! Either you "know" they do or you just "think" they do??? Big difference!
There is no way Zane could play the 3 spot, he's too slow. He's a four man and that's it. He's got a decent outside shot and a couple of good post moves but he's no superstar. He's a good role player and when he realizes this then he will be a better player for it.

Reply #99128 | Report this post

brick city  
Years ago

Can we please change Central's name to Woodville 2.

Reply #99129 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

What's this??? Jye and Justin no longer at the Lions? Geez what rock was I living under? What happened there, did Jye return back to Vic and has Justin moved to the one team in SA he hasn't played for yet? Or just retired???

Reply #99131 | Report this post

Panther, unlike your good self , he has youth on his side so I feel he could certainly turn in to more than a role playing "4"

i Agree he is not a "3"

good pick up by the Lions, let's hope they are more competative

Reply #99133 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

If centrals are woodville 2 then Magic must be woodville 3..

Reply #99134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jye isnt playing for centrals, but i heard he is still playing somewhere in SA...?

zane, congratulations on your move to centrals and i hope it all works well for you. dont pay attention to any of those haters up above.

Reply #99135 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

no there are no other players leaving woodville

Reply #99157 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Panther,
I know they throw around a bit of money (from what I have been told by people recruited to go there).
I think that ^ is why some players go there.
They were 2 separate statements on different points.
It seems the opinion is that he is not a 3 man. I gotta stand corrected on that one..

Reply #99176 | Report this post

Eat it!  
Years ago

Who is Zane Reeves?

Reply #99244 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Maybe Jye and Justin have both moved to Sturt?????

Reply #99260 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

only if you come rub me down spudly!!!

Reply #99261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jye heading to Norwood....

Reply #99264 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

So, now Norwood is throwing money at people........

Reply #99265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it seems a lot of people think he has potential. a couple of tips for zane to reach his full potential:

1. learn to catch
2. learn to play defense

thankyou

Reply #99267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood always have!

Reply #99294 | Report this post

Eat it!  
Years ago

Can we turn this into a Centrals bashing thread?

Justin, let me buy your shoes.

Reply #99301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilkey has retired ...

Jye taking a Year off to the get the body right ..

Reply #99313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jye has been told he is not required......need more ex woodville players!

Reply #99544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zane you have made a mistake. You would have been better served staying at Woodville. The new coach would have been the perfect fit for a guy like you. Having said that good luck and I hope your move does not come back and bite you in the backside.

Reply #100516 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:54 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754