ritz
Years ago

NBA games on TV?

Hello there 1st post. So does anybody know what is happening with the NBA this season in regards to it being shown on telly? I do have Fox so it will be on ESPN but wat bout any other channels?? anybody heard anything?

let us know
ritz

Topic #881 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Do you mean Free-to-Air TV? I don't believe that the NBA will be covered. WNBL continues to be shown by the ABC.

On the topic of basketball and TV, I was in Melbourne over the weekend and kept an eye on the sports report of a mainstream news broadcast. The Tigers had played the night before yet they showed only a final score for a second or so. No scorers, no highlights, nothing. Basketball in Victoria on the way down? Certainly looks like it with that sort of support from the local news!

Reply #9646 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

ok bball in general aint doin 2 well. abc should do nbl games like it did a few years back. i was hoping foxsports would maybe cover nba. since espn does nfl & mlb and so does foxsports yet both wont do bball.. which sucks. ps no one cares in vic cause they are gettin done all tha time. rolled by tha hawks in melbourne...... wat a joke
but its early.

Reply #9649 | Report this post

gospel  
Years ago

NBA will be on ESPN - nowhere else.

check out foxtel website for upcoming games - beyond your monthly magazine.

sad but true - we can get about 10 hours a day of drib drab on free to air - but no ball - not even at 01.00 am !

Reply #9799 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

I just got the December foxtel magazine - there are no NBA games on at all!! Thats the only reason I watch ESPN. There is college ball but no NBA. Does anyone know when it will be on again?

Reply #14866 | Report this post

AI  
Years ago

Hope this helps out, all off nba.com

Detroit vs New York (16/12/04)

Denver vs Miami (18/12/04)

Philadelphia vs Denver (1/1/05)

Phoenix vs Houston (6/1/05)

Philadelphia vs Minnesota (8/1/05)

Houston vs Dallas (12/1/05)

Dallas vs San Antonio (16/1/05)

Minnesota vs LA Lakers (20/1/05)

Indiana vs Miami (22/1/05)

Cleveland vs New York (29/1/05)

Reply #16197 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

Those games may all be on ESPN but they only show games Wednesdays and Saturdays. But now, Im only seeing games on Saturdays... Whats goin on?!?

Reply #16234 | Report this post

AI  
Years ago

All those games are on espn, not all are wed and sat like last season a few have been shown on thurs so far, its whatever games espn give to Foxtel to show, the coverage is very average, but then again it is better than nothing ........

Reply #16241 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

There hasnt been a thurs game for a few weeks though. Now its just every saturday. And they show crap games. E.g. last saturday - chicago and sixers. Not a good game. And the heat were playing the same day - that would have been better.

Reply #16243 | Report this post

AI  
Years ago

Yeah well im a philly fan so im not bothered at all, but there are better matches that could be shown i spose, yeah dunno bout last week, but i know pistons vs knicks is on definetly thurs i think and denver vs miami on sat

Reply #16245 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

Foxtel - ESPN has now only one game per week and NO All- star game !!!!
... i'm thinking of cancelling my subscription if this doesn't improve.... I'd rahter not watch Poker or Fishing

Reply #22522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh wtf's with all that
poker crap?!

Reply #22604 | Report this post

no game  
Years ago

damn the espn! no all star games

Reply #22719 | Report this post

matt  
Years ago

so where can we watch the all star game??

Reply #22849 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

hey dont disrespect poker, im all in baby!!!

Reply #22850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

see you and raise you one of those osprey's you killed with a champagne cork - or was that your mate?

Reply #22853 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

i call, ive got a pair of snowmen!

Reply #22856 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

i emailed espn international regarding the poor nba coverage in aus region and asked why ??? - other countries even get free to air

Well i had to try as it was pretty bad paying so much $$$$ only to get such poor treatment

I notice that this coming month they are back to 2 games per week and even have a double-header this saturday.

Maybe they do take note ??? let's hope so

Reply #23897 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

here's a reply from ESPN regarind play-off coverage.

not good news I'm afraid. we just get a raw deal here regarding NBA in australia

-----------------------------

Thanks for writing.

ESPN's International networks do not have the same contract with the
NBA
as our domestic network. Therefore our coverage internationally is
based on the games that we have the rights to air.

This year, we will have 4 games of the first round playoffs, 4 games
during the second round playoff and one conference final game.

For more information, please utilize the international website for
other
queries regarding our programming in the region.
http://www.international.espn.com/intltv/

Reply #30800 | Report this post

Buddha  
Years ago

That is piss weak, get rid of the poker, wood-games, paintballing etc and put more NBA on

Reply #31936 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:54 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754