Isaac
Years ago

New Lightning ideas and colours

After sporting double blue last season, the Adelaide Quit Lightning are back in blue, red and gold for 2006/07.

And CEO Mike Daws has announced three plans to introduce juniors to Lightning games -

1. One school per home game will see 25 young basketballers and a parent invited to the game. First up is Cabra College.

2. Every junior player who attends in club uniform with a parent will receive free entry.

3. The four Friday night games at the Dome will be preceded by an U12 Div 1 girls game.

This comes on the back of yesterday's huge signing of WNBA import Kristen Rasmussen.

The Lightning roster now boasts Rasmussen, Opals and WNBA player Erin Phillips, Iowa State player Tracy Gahan, Dee Ranford, Narelle Lindsay, Carla Boyd, Rebecca Duke, Brigid Bowley, Jess Foley, Lauren King, Cherie Smith, and reigning Halls medallist Sam Woosnam.

A few people are tipping the Lightning to be favourites or at least serious contenders for the WNBL flag this season.

First game is this Saturday at the Dome from 7:30pm.

Topic #8818 | Report this topic

hoops.com  
Years ago

Thanks for that isaac, i think they are good ideas to attract juniors and they have another awsome roster lined up this season, i hope those girls go out and kick some ass! GO LIGHTNING

Reply #99222 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

The Lightning will also make an appearance at half time of the 36ers game on Friday.

The girl's will be introduced to the crowd and we'll have a chat with coach Chris Lucas about the upcoming season.

Reply #99223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go cabra

Reply #99225 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Sixers should take all this on-board and try some similar things.

Reply #99228 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

What a refreshing change to have something positive and exciting happening with a national league basketball team.
Go Lightning!

Reply #99269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The ideas sound great. Hopefully they will invite students from a wide variety of schools across the state. I know I would love it if the school I teach at invited us-I wonder if we can out in requests!

Reply #99280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is supposed to be "I know I would love it if the school I teach at was invited -I wonder if we can put in requests! I Don't want the spelling and grammar police out in force against teachers!

Reply #99281 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Contact Mike Daws and I'm sure he would consider a request.

[email protected]

Reply #99291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for that Isaac, it was a little tongue in cheek but now that you suggest it I think I might just do that!

Reply #99318 | Report this post

go st aloysius

great getting the u12s out before as well

Reply #99393 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:12 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754