Bo Hamburger
Years ago

No South Aussie guys in latest AIS intake

The latest intake of men to the AIS program is on the BA website.

Out of the 11, there's no South Australians, but there are 6 (that's SIX) Queenslanders:

Kyle Armour, WA
Zac Carter, QLD
Shane Harris-Tunks, NSW
Matt Dellavedova, VIC
Nathan Crombie, QLD
Jordan Page, QLD
Dwayne Radcliffe, TAS
Christian Salecich, QLD
Mitchell Young, QLD
Cameron Gliddon, WA
Clint Steindl, QLD

Interesting that only one Victorian made it, too.

Existing scholarship holder Shannon Seebohm appears to be the only SA male in the program at the moment.

Topic #8837 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, coming 9th and 13th at U18 nationals mustn't have inspired the powers that be to take a punt on young SA talent.

I wonder why?

Reply #99493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there are other better players that didnt make the state teams, thats why

Reply #99495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what Norwood guys again, bahahahahahahahaha

Reply #99499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood U18 boys should pick the AIS Sholarship positions too....

Reply #99500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look go and find a few sticks, build a bridge out of those sticks and GET OVER IT

Reply #99501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when do the girls get announced

Reply #99578 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

Qld did have a good tourny, IMO, but i think were very lucky to get all those players through. Intersting to see the 1st year Jordan Page get through. Big wraps on this kid, he drew more than one QLD NBL teams scouts down to Wayville, while coming off the bench.

Kyle Armour was a General all week for WA, but i think Big Ellis was unlucky not to get through (although he may still be a bottom age??).

Gliddon was a gimme for selection
Dellavedova, did he even play nationals?

Hoop Addict, thoughts?

Reply #99591 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I think you'll find a lot of bottom agers were taken due to them being the "right age" to represent Australia at under-age tourneys.

QLD South (all 6 QLD reps were from the South team) were a very talented side, and perhaps a little disappointing in coming 5th.

The were 3rd at nationals in U16's in 2005, and would be expected to give the 2007 U18's a good shake I'd say. Ron Radliff is coaching them.

Dellavedova was a guard for Vic Country. Was a stand out in 2005 at U16 nationals from all reports & was probably Vic Country's best player, as a bottom age this year.

Agreed Re : Ellis - he had a great tournament. And yes, he was a bottom age, which would be more reason for him to make it.

Whilst Gliddon was an automatic selection regardless of age IMO, I'm not sure why they'd take the other top ager's they did (Armour, Carter) unless the FIBA age groups allow for "young" top age kids to qualify for their world champs (which they may well do, I'm not sure).

Reply #99597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cause sa are shit

Reply #128041 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

If a guy can get an AIS invite after ripping it up at Classics, and a team that wins Summer, Winter and finishes third at Classics only gets one guy on the roster (and the probably the most undeserving of that group too!), you'd have a slight whinge.

That being said, coach has changed and heads have rolled etc etc. Time to move on and back this year's 18s.

That list you posted Bo, find a link anywhere to the names that attended the Development Camp for the 2009 U19 Worlds?

Reply #128045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

here..
http://www.basketball.net.au/fs_newsitem.asp?id=69746&orgID=1&Oname=BA&O1c=8&O10c=3

Reply #128052 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Nope thats 2007 later this year. I'm talking about 2009 and these guys who are at the AIS now building up to it.

Reply #128072 | Report this post

jimmy  
Years ago

who is kyle armour? is he good at all?

Reply #239635 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754