Isaac
Years ago

Maher in doubt for tonight?

Maher "twinged" his calf when he slipped late in regulation against Sydney in what turned into a 115- 122 overtime loss last round.

He has been receiving treatment all week for the injury and must tonight pass a fitness test before being considered for the rematch at the Distinctive Homes Dome.
Maher's potential absence would either mean a starters' elevation for Darren Ng or Brad Hill. Either that or a complete recast of the first five.
Cross your fingers!

Topic #8846 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

Oh dear - calf injurys can be a real pain to get over as well especially when the player is the wrong side of 30.

Oh well - lets hope it gives someone else on the roster (Hill) a chance to step up and prove to the coaching staff that he is worthy of getting some extended minutes!

Hmmmmm but what do we do with our tips......

Reply #99587 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Change them to Wollongong methinks...

Bad luck to hit so early in the season, we have always had problems with Wollongon in the past. Without Maher? Not looking good.

But about time some of the rest of the team can show that they can play ball without Maher carrying them. It will be a real test.

Reply #99588 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

I HEARD ON MIX 102.3 THIS MORNING FROM SMYTHY THAT HE HIS HAVING A FITNESS TEST ROUGHLY 2 HOURS BEFORE THE GAME. DOESN'T LOOK GOOD....

Reply #99592 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

He'll play . Its a home game and he can have treatment all day if needed.
Coaching staff and the team are under a lot of pressure.
Just my opinion.

Reply #99595 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hawks are paying 6.70 for a double-figure win. I have bet on that, so now you know the 36ers are going to win for sure!

Reply #99596 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Yeah you'd think he'd play. He has a history of playing through pain, and in such a massive game, at 1-3, you know he'll do everything possible to be out there. It's a worrying sign though, the usually indestructable champion starting to show his age ever so slightly.

Reply #99601 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

Glad i didnt put a pineapple on it last week Isaac. I only lost $10.

I wonder what Wildcats by +34 was paying !!

If we can keep Saville quiet we'll be ok .

Reply #99603 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have had an OK week so far - won on Cairns, Harvey scoring less than 20 and Brooks outscoring his group in the Perth game. Lost on about 3-4 other smaller ones.

Tonight, I have gone for the Hawks by double-figures, and three bets on Farley to come good (top score, have 20+ and hit more threes than Campbell). Hopefully he fires up.

Reply #99605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No hope if MAher doesnt play

Reply #99609 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Thats massive odds for the 10+ win!

Do you have a direct line to some dodgy indian bookmaker!

Reply #99617 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

That's not good news...and to think I woke up this morning and found myself being optimistic about tonight. (A first for this season.)

Sure hope he plays.

Reply #99618 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Statman - www.centrebet.com.au

Reply #99619 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

hmmm I sense you may have just created a monster Isaac......Im all over it - Its amazing the only thing I cant bet on is how many time outs Smyth will call tonight!

Reply #99623 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Just got a couple of Pineapples on for the same bet @ sportsbet paying $7.25

Reply #99625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can sportsbet takes bet on the crown no. expected lol my bet is under 4000

Reply #99631 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

The Crown? we played the Kings last week!

;)

Reply #99636 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

We could always have that superstar Mark Nash run the point!

Reply #99647 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

This is in the "leading scorer" section of tonights game. You can bet on HORVATH, Nick (West Sydney), shame he plays for adelaide you numbskulls!

Reply #99651 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Well got a win on hawks winning they were payin $2.40 and chucked some money on 36ers leading at half with hawks win paying $7 so a good night for me abit

Reply #99731 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

good to see nash take the shots tonight, lot of cheap fouls called on him tonight,

Reply #99737 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:59 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754