Hoop Addict
Years ago

CSKA Moscow defeat LA Clippers

Boxscore here.

Australian David Andersen had 9 points & 6 rebounds in 25 minutes.

Topic #8875 | Report this topic

lockstock  
Years ago

gee whiz not just beaten but spanked. Good to see Andersen playing well, hopefully he is in the Boomers lineup for the olympics.
I noticed Trajan Langdon on the squad too - I'm pretty sure he is an ex Clipper and was cut by them - he would have loved that

Reply #99915 | Report this post

fudgeman  
Years ago

clips could only rack up 2 assists for the game!

Reply #99927 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

I've noticed this with all the NBA teams, once the otehr team scores they are slow to inbound and just walk it in.... That could be like 20 fast break points man!

Reply #99932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the fact that this is happening. europes right up there with the NBA,...

Reply #99943 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

I don't take much from pre-season games with the NBA teams, their stars will be instructed not to do anything too stupid to avoid injuries etc.

Reply #100021 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

yeah why risk them in a pre season game

Reply #100032 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Couldn't the same be said for the Euro teams?

Reply #100035 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

exactly doctor. And when you're on court you're going to play hard, especially if you're getting spanked by a team that is not supposed to spank you.
NBA getting exposed - it is a great league to watch highlights wise, but their marketing department obviously do a fantastic job

Reply #100050 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Today the NBA redeemed itself a bit, with San Antonio beat Maccabi Tel Aviv 97-84. Tony Parker had 27 and Duncan had 15 and 11.

Rich Melzer was one of the 13 players (out of the 16 traveling) to play, getting eight minutes.

This can only be good news for him I suppose? Or do people think that the guys fighting for the final roster spot will all eventually get an even shot?

Reply #100150 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

How's this for a quote from Magette after the Clippers got pumped

"I'd love to come back and play these guys when we're definitely in shape - to show them what we can do"

There's always an excuse, after the WC it was the fact NBA players are used to a different court and rules, now that the court and rules advantage them they're apparently not in good shape. Surely the same 'conditioning' excuse would also be applicable to the Russian team too?

The extended 3 point line would disadvantage the Euro teams in this comp significantly more than a closer 3 point line would disadvantage Team USA at the World Champs I would have thought.

I love seeing these teams get beaten and I love the way they can't accept it. I also love to see them with a 2:21 assist to turnover ratio. Horrendous team basketball.

Reply #100180 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:52 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754