TR
Years ago

Bogut now a Point Centre, but injured 6-8 wks

Interesting article about Bogut being a 'point centre'

Snippet...

"In open gym, you see Andrew get a rebound and he takes it down (the court)," guard Charlie Bell said. "He passes it to Charlie (Villanueva) and goes and sets a screen on him. You see your (power forward and center) setting screens on each other . . . it's going to be tough for teams to defend us. We've got big men who are very versatile."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=510803

Topic #8899 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

and now out for 6-8 weeks with a lower leg injury

St. Francis - Milwaukee Bucks center Andrew Bogut suffered a ligament tear in his lower left leg during the team's scrimmage on Saturday and will be sidelined for six to eight weeks, the team announced today.

The 21-year-old Bogut was evaluated by team doctor John Heinrich on Sunday. Bogut will undergo rehabilitation for the injury.

Bogut relied on a pair of crutches as he watched the Bucks' practice session on Monday, and he wore a protective boot on his left foot.

"The doctors really didn't know what it was until I had the MRI yesterday, and they found a lot of swelling on the ligament," Bogut said. "I'm hopeful I can be back quicker, but it's going to be up to how I heal."

No surgery is planned, but Bogut said he expects to wear the boot for two weeks.

"It's obviously disappointing," Bogut said. "It went from 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks to 6 to 8. You definitely get frustrated with it.

"But I can't really dwell on it. In a way, it could be a blessing. It could give me a rest after playing in the World Championships. To look at it in a positive way, I can get my legs back under me and look forward to having a healthy season once it gets better."

Bogut limped off the court in the third quarter of the scrimmage on Saturday after banging his leg against the leg of Bucks guard Steve Blake. The 7-foot center blamed himself for coming out a bit late, and he was in great pain after colliding with Blake.

"I got kneed in the same spot twice in a week," Bogut said. "The second time when I got kneed it twisted the bottom of my leg. It wasn't anything to do with fatigue or anything like that.

"I came out late on a ball screen, and Steve Blake already was going full speed. So when he hit me, it hit the same spot, so it bruised and swelled up. That made my leg go dead, so I didn't feel the twist in the bottom part of my shin."

Bogut said he endured plenty of pain during the past weekend.

"The last 48 hours have been very painful," Bogut said. "Even lying down, it's throbbing. We've been doing icing. I can't get it massaged, because they don't want to touch the area. Hopefully, in another 48 hours, they should be able to treat it better. At the moment, all they can do is put ice on it."

If Bogut is out six to eight weeks, it's possible he could miss the first month of the season. Dan Gadzuric and Brian Skinner are expected to play more minutes with Bogut on the sidelines.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=10/9/2006&id=12524

Reply #100193 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

I HEARD HE MAY MISS START OF NEW SEASON WITH A LEG INJURY...

Reply #100196 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ritz, did you read what the person right above you had already posted?

Reply #100211 | Report this post

davo  
Years ago

he did. but he said it LOUDER.

Reply #100224 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

nope too long to read, heard all i needed on radio this morning.

Reply #100228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm suprised there was no mention of Steve Blake literally snapping in two after a colision with Bogut, seeing as how Blake is that skinny he's borderline anorexic

Reply #100297 | Report this post

Well this could stuff up- my fantasy league team. I hope he has a quick recovery, for his sake and mine :)

Reply #100342 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:32 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754